1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone who has PS2 V.4 serial starting with U5

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Shouga, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Shouga

Shouga Guest

does DVD-RW or DVD+RW work on your ps2?
    I heard backed up movie(not game) on either of them work for PS2...but mine doesn't...

Does DVD+R work?

2. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

i'm pretty sure i have a v4, and i have working dvd backups on +R. they are noname brand blanks, and they wont work for games. i need to try some better quality +R's for games. i'll let you know

3. Crazycro

Crazycro Member

I have a version 4 35001 can you tell me what is the best solution for me to play my backups?
    I have also heard of the double checking with new games and I want to be sure that whatever I get will work on these new games.

Thanks.

4. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

haha, i got my backup games to work on my cheap noname brand +R media. i was booting them wrong(thanks to the tutorial on the first page!) anyways, i have v4 starting with U6. don't know if that will help you. but i used dvd decrypter to make the iso and burn it on cheap no names. works for backup movies and backup games

5. Shouga

Shouga Guest

What about DVD+RW?
    Does it work on yours?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

-rw or +rw doesn't work v4 consoles. Also some of v4 will not read +R. Mine v4 doesn't start with U, but it reads +R and -R. Try a +R, there is a good chance it will work.

Crazycro, it depends on if you want to risk screwing up your ps2 by installing a modchip. I have a fliptop and swap magic discs and the only games i cant backup are the ones too big for a dvd-r (only a couple). And about the double checking, the new swap magic discs come out the end of this month and they can handle it, but i can still get them to work with what i got.

7. Crazycro

Crazycro Member

Sly61019 (but i can still get them to work with what i got) What exactly are you using? Can you please tell me where I can read up on the new magic discs?

Thanks.

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

devilhunt answered for me.