1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone with a Chaintech VNF4Ultra socket 939 mobo, please help me

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mrleftnut, Mar 31, 2005.

1. mrleftnut

mrleftnut Member

My motherboard isnt posting...i think. It would really help me out if anyone could tell me if they're chaintech VNF4Ultra socket 939 mobo beeps on a successful post or if it beeps when theres no memory. My mobo never beeps even though it has a built in buzzer. I sent it back and got a new one and same problem, so im thinking its not posting but it seems like it would beep if there was a problem. I called chaintech for support and all i got was some korean dudes answering machine. Fae, if youre reading this, RETURN MY CALL!!!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What do you have installed into the board when you first turn it on?

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check that the cmos jumper is in the normal position. disconnect all cards & ram except for the videocard & 1 stick of ram. disconnect all data & power cables to drives. reseat the videocard, ram stick & power connector(s). also make certain the ide data cables are not in reverse either on the drives or motherboard

4. mrleftnut

mrleftnut Member

Well ive got a VGA card and a stick of ddr400 pc3200 memory, my processor and its heatsink and fan and a psu connected to the mother board. The chipset fan and the processor fan come on but it never beeps to tell me i had a successful post and it never beeps to tell me somethings wrong. Ive already sent the mobo back once thinking that that was the problem but the new one is doing the exact same thing. Ive tried 3 different memory sticks and ive tried all the slots. The vga card is pretty old but it ran fine in my old pentium III computer when i tried it.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is it possible might be the cpu. try a different videocard or no videocard to see if beeps or not. try another psu. also try motherboard out of case because of possible grounding problem

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is when it is nice to have a spare computer to test your equipment on. I doubt it's your motherboard unless you just don't have something set right on the board (like your Bios/Cmos jumper already mentioned by ddp) If you can test the video card in another system to be sure it works. Same with the memory once you know that both work then we can rule those out. Now if at all possible try your processor in another computer. Also the possibility of the power supply being bad could be the cause. Make sure your Video card and memory are seated all the way into there slots I have seen a lot of video cards not being properly seated cause simular issues to yours.