1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone.....

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by baspeed, Mar 16, 2005.

1. baspeed

baspeed Member

Anyone who has loaded ring tones to ther phone through the dat cable can you help. I cant apply any of the ringtone I upload through P2k. If I load them my phone just sits there when it rings without a sound. Can anyone tell me if its as easy as uploading the file in the sounds erek on the phone. Is there a setting I need to go so I can set these as tones.

Help im so stressed after $50 for this cable and software and I cant even play a ringtone that I uploaded. They are in the list on my phne and I can play them just cant set to ringtone or set them to ring when certain people call.

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

when u upload the tones using the p2k u have to delete two files the end .db they r on the source a/mobile/audio and then restart ur fone and it should work....

3. baspeed

baspeed Member

So this wont fudge anything up? I see both files at top of list.

TempTone.db and MyToneDB.db

All I do is delete them and restart phone and my ringtones shoudl work. Should I back up these two files before deletion?

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

just delete them and dont backup, just when u restart the fone they will come up automaticly anyway it should work,,,,

5. baspeed

baspeed Member

You did it again Mossyy it worked!!!! What would I do without you. Motorola should pay YOU to help keep there customers happy.

Thanks a million.

BTW where you from and are you male or female?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

HaHa :D thnx i am a male living in Ireland studying Computing.... ya i guess they should pay me HaHaHa :D :D

7. baspeed

baspeed Member

Mossyy my name is Shannon so gots some Irish in me. I had to return my v400 today it's ,y second time returning the phone. 1st time was my fault du to not knowing how to delete the .db files and the cell company had no idea so just gave me anew phone. Last night i tried my headphones and i can hear them talking but they cant hear me. (phone 2 days old) Went to my cell dealer and and told them people cant hear me seams the mic dosnt work. The hands free speakerphone did work but not the little mic on the wire. So they gave me another new phone. Questiuon... could I have screwed it up Mossyy uploading mp3 files? Most I make myself. I hate to laod a few mp3s back in and not have my speker part of earplug work. They gonna look at me and think "somethings messed up with this guy"

Could I have fked it up by deleting those two files? Has nayone uploaded mp3 ringtones to there v400 and had everything work?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well shannon,, when u upload the mp3 by P2K and then deleting those two files .db and restarting the fone, nothing will happen to the fone, probably u r doing something else.... to fcuk it up..

9. baspeed

baspeed Member

maybe i did nothing and that phone plainly just didnt work. I never tested the earphone mic before I loaded anyting so who knows. I just loaded one mp3 ringtone and one pic and I will test the corded ear mic.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005