1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyones Ps2 slimline blown up??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mieow, Mar 4, 2005.

1. mieow

mieow Member

Hi I am new here as my sons new slimline PS2 started smoking last night and then stopped working (had it 2 months). I have been trying to find out if there is a recall on some models but could only find a thread here about a problem. (I have posted on it but wondered if anyone else had had the same problem. I am waiting for Sony's headoffice to phone me about this. They said they will replace it, but my son is disabled and this is his only joy, and he is quite gutted actually.
    Can anyone tell me if there is a recall and if Sony are aware of a problem with their new models?
    Thanks

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I haven't heard of any recalls, but I have heard from numerous people that it is really bad, and breaks easily. I'd just buy a regular one and return that one

3. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

since december heavy usage no problems. seems solid. does not overheat or anything.

Date Code 4D

I hear though that date codes 4C or older were bad.

I know 3 others all 4D and I love this thing. its not as big as my house and runs smooth.

4. lib

lib Guest

how do you check your data code

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

it's date code, and I believe the 4 stands for the year (as in 2004) and the C or D is the month (C is 3rd letter, also 3rd month, so March; D is April). Where do you find that? Good question. Look around on it. I don't own a Slim PS2.