1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyway to connect an xbox 360 to a wireless internet PC and have xbox live?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newbie234, Apr 27, 2007.

1. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

i have a internet router downstairs and my computer with a wireless card upstairs, my xbox is also upstairs, is their a way i can connect my xbox 360 to xbox live through my upstairs PC? without the need of a wireless adapter?

thanks

2. elmunkee

elmunkee Regular member

you would need to use a crossover cable to connect the 360 to your pcs LAN port. Then use internet share to share your computers internet connection with your 360

-el munkee

3. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

thanks, just to verify, i am using a usb wireless adapter with my pc, and i want to connect my xbox 360 via a lan cable to my computer so that i can use xbox live with it.

what is 'internet share' and how do i use it exactly? i am a complete novice when it comes to xboxes and xbox live.

thanks

4. zincy

zincy Member

i asked the exact same question a few days ago
    with similar setup to you.

But be aware when you downloading on your desktop and playin xbox360
    you may experince some lag

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

the easiest way, go on ebay and buy a "logitech wireless bridge", cheap and extremely easy to setup, just plug in and go, nothing else to do.

6. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

how does the logitech thing work then?

my xbox is yet to come in the post so i have no idea how it works. what do you do with the logitech thing and is it a fast speed?

i would rather do the crossover cable thing due to the fact it would be cheaper but whatever fastest really. what would i need to use xbox live via crossover cable?

thanks

7. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

oh and is that internet share a program? or is it something i would need to do if i plugged my xbox into my wireless internet pc?

if so, how would i go about sharing the internet through a crossover cable to my box?

thanks

8. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

Ok, change of plan, i am going to get a Logitech playlink bridge as suggested, but i need to know a few things first

does the xbox automatically connect to the internet, then i can buy an xbox live subscription?

when i plug in both boxes of the logitech bridge, will i need any software on the computer? or is it just simply an xbox thing?

what would i need to do on the xbox after i plug it all in?

thanks

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  9. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

Ok, change of plan, i am going to get a Logitech playlink bridge as suggested, but i need to know a few things first

does the xbox automatically connect to the internet, then i can buy an xbox live subscription?

when i plug in both boxes of the logitech bridge, will i need any software on the computer? or is it just simply an xbox thing?

what would i need to do on the xbox after i plug it all in?

thanks

10. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

anyone?

11. caliph

caliph Guest

yo wasup man. okay i too own thelogitech play link. you dont need to do any configuration or anything. just connect both trnasreceivers things (one to the 360 and the other to ur router/modem).once you connect it, ur good to go(no need for any change any settings. And you dont need to install anything on ur computer either. once that happens, u should be able to connect, NOTE: i belive its max range is 100ft. i THINK that your first three profiles on xbox live are free and count as gold. i remeber i created a new xbox live profile once and i got a free month on it(and i think u can do that up to three times or something). look on another thread, this goes into specfiics.

12. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

thanks very much, i will buy one soon then, as i have said, i use a wireless pc, i get a internet speed of about 600kbps, i should be getting a lot more but i think its just a bad area where i have my computer.

how fast does the internet connection need to be to play xbox well?

thanks

13. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

i am looking at this as well, anyone tried one of these?

i am only going for this as the wireless router i have is netgear and i wouldn't need parts if i had a netgear receiver. anyone tried it?

14. caliph

caliph Guest

to be on xbox live, you must have either dsl or cable. dial-up is NOT ALLOWED (due to the lag it causes).

15. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

i have broadband, i have a neatgear wireless router downstairs and 2 computers upstirs with wireless usb adapter.

i am looking at a getting a netgear wireless bridge but im not sure if it will work as i have a security code to use my router. if i bought a netgear bridge, can i put the passcode in on my xbox?

thanks

16. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

not sure if that was very clear, if i buy a wireless bridge for my netgear wireless broadband router. will i get an option on the xbox to put in a security code or WEP code i think it is? (or would the wireless router have to have no protection?)

thanks