1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyway to make encoding using nero faster? takes like 2 hours for on cd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kmanpo, Dec 20, 2004.

1. kmanpo

kmanpo Member

is there anyway to encode videos faster? im using nero burning rom 2 and it takes like 2 hours for one video thats not even that long in the first place. help!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No, sorry. MPEG encoding is a hard stuff. If you do it with TMPGenc with motion search precision=highest quality(very slow) it's not so unusual that the encoding takes too much time.
    This is one of the main reasons I prefere 1) do the encoding with TMPGenc 2) make the VCD image 3) burn it. Did tou read the 'sticky' thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106 ?
    If for some reasons the CD burning aborts (Bad CD, black out...) you don't waste so much time!

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

cce is a bit faster than tmpgenc.

4. vortex742

vortex742 Guest

LOOK, USE NERO 6.6 ENTERPRISE MAKES GOOD VCD'S

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

My question, siroh, is: CCE is a bit faster, but how is the quality of the final MPEG?
    You see, I could also choose in TMPGenc: Settings ___ Motion Search Precision = motion estimate search(fast)', and TMPGenc would be a lot faster, but paying this with lot of quality of the final encoded movie. I don't care for a couple of hours, but for the quality of the final (S)VCD I can make.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

CCE will give you higher quality for MPEG-2. TMPGenc, on the other hand, is far superior for MPEG-1.

7. rimland

rimland Guest

it takes my computer 6 hours to encode 1hr of DV.
    That's just AVI to MPG.

Dell 4550 P4 2.4 640MB Ram
    190 gb 7200 rpm hd
    64 meg video agp

8. stardust

stardust Regular member

Does anybody have any experiences with [bold]MainConcept Mpeg Encoder[/bold]?

9. kmanpo

kmanpo Member

i got the TMPGEnc and tried it out for the first time but there was problems. when i went to browse for video source and selected the video i wanted to convert to mpeg, it keeps saying that it can not open the file or it is unsupported. why is this happening? my other encoder programs dont do this. i even tried a different video file and it still does the same thing. Is something wrong with TMPGEnc?

10. rimland

rimland Guest

it works fine (very slow) for me...
    what's the file's extension and what step in the process do you get the msg ? Is it after the encode ?

11. stardust

stardust Regular member

12. rimland

rimland Guest

13. kmanpo

kmanpo Member

HEY STARDUST HOW'S IT GOIN? I TRIED WHAT YOU SUGGESTED USING THE ENVIRONMENTAL SETTINGS AND IT WORKED BUT THERE STILL IS A BIG PROBLEM. THE AVI FILE LOADED BUT WHEN I CLICK ON START IT SAID{CANT LOAD "P3PACKAGE.DLL"} AND IT WOULD NOT START TO ENCODE. I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS AND I STILL NEED HELP PLEASE, THANKS

14. kmanpo

kmanpo Member

I EVEN EXTRACTED ALL OF THE FILES IN WINZIP AND IT STILL SAYS CANT LOAD P3PACKAGE.DLL. WHAT'S GOING ON

15. stardust

stardust Regular member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004