1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOL problems (speed hasnt upgraded)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Rampagef5, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Rampagef5

Rampagef5 Member

Aol has been ok so far since i came from Bt broadband. I started off with 576 but now have upgraded to 1mb (as they say) but my speed hasnt upgraded. I've gone through every option they said, and now i got to phone up aol, but i know they wont know any difference. I've already reinstalled the modem and done everything else. Could someone please let know know whats wrong? and what i need to do.

Thanks in advance.

2. haimback

haimback Regular member

you have upgraded to 1mb..do you mean your paying more or do you mean AOL said they would upgrade you?What is the current speed?(will tell you in modem settings)If its the case that AOL said they would upgrade you for free then they may just be taking their time, also did they check that 1mb connection is avalible in your area?

3. Rampagef5

Rampagef5 Member

AOL have said they have upgraded my account to 1mb gold, and i should have it. They give me steps of how to make my computer reset to those settings but nothing works. My modem still says the speed is 576 i've reinstalled it number of times but still the same.

Anyone else expirienced this?

4. kanum

kanum Member

wow 1 mb thats pretty crappy id cancel my aol service right now and call up verizon or something you'll probably pay less for it then what you pay for aol now plus they doubled speed to 3MB down and i forget what it was up

5. Rampagef5

Rampagef5 Member

Thats an US company anyway. I've just been talking to a few people and they that because i changed ISP that BT havent changed my line yet, because they have been busy with changing everyone on BT to 2mb recently.