1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aopen 1608 will only read after boot up

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Caandian, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Caandian

Caandian Member

Hello, I have read through the first 30 pages and backwards from page 84 down to 74 with no luck, so i figured I would join and ask myself. Thanks in advance for you help.

I have an aopen DUW 1608/ARR 16x+/-RW set as my master and the exact same model set as my slave. If I leave the drives empty when i boot up my computer and try to place ANY type of media into either drive it will not read the discs.

E:\ Is Not Accesible. Incorrect Function.

However if i leave the disc(s) in the drive(s) and reboot my PC it reads and plays the discs just fine.

Thanks in again for your time

2. gizmobob

gizmobob Member

This is a weird issue... I suggest troubleshooting by trying several tweaks.

1: Set both drives on Cable Select
    2: Reverse the Master and Slave Jumpers
    3: Check to see if they are recognized properly in the BIOS
    4: Use a software Utility to Enable U-DMA on the Controller for those drives (PowerDVD Does this)
    5: Swap the Controllers... Put the HD on Secondary and the DVD-Rs on the Primary IDE Controller.
    6: In the BIOS, enable/disable PNP OS Setting
    7: Try putting one drive on the Primary Controller and the other on the Secondary Controller.
    8: Try some witchcraft or voodoo. =B^)