1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apex AD-1010W DVD-r compatibility?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by littlb, Nov 29, 2003.

1. littlb

littlb Member

I have burned a few fujifilm dvd-rs and am able to play these backups on my pc. When I attempt to play these dvd-rs on my apex ad-1010w, however, the player seems to just get stuck on the loading screen. Anyone know what the problem is, what media are known to work with apex1010, or any other info on this issue?

2. suep6

suep6 Member

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've used Ritek G04, Maxell, TDK, and even cheap Khypermedia on mine with no problems.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  4. littlb

littlb Member

OK, I tried some TDK 2x dvd-rs and still no dice. I am using a Digital Pacific 4x burner with DVD Shrink followed by Nero. Again, both the Fuji and TDK play in both my pc and ps2, but not the APEX AD-1010W. It seems to me now that the problem must be the apex, yet I have heard of others great success using this player. Are all 1010w the same, or do older models have fewer capabilities? Anyone know what the problem could be?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Give us information on how and what you use to backup. Could be a problem in how you do it. If your backup ends up in file mode, only the computer will play it. Your Apex should play -R -RW media only. No + media Jerry

6. littlb

littlb Member

I don't know exactly what you are asking for. I pop a disc in, then I follow what is outlined at http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm using shrink 3.0beta. I then follow the Nero Burning Guide as outlined by http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm . When I burn using nero, the "Finalize DVD (No further writing possible!)" box is greyed out as an unselectable field but checked.

I was able to play both the fuji and TDK disks in a friends RCA dvd player yesterday.

Thanks for your help.

7. littlb

littlb Member

I have now tried recordnow with the same results. I assume i just have a 1010 that will not play dvd-r :(... If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate the help.