1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apologies in Advance - Need information

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Cman, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Cman

Cman Member

Sorry about starting a new thread on this, but some time ago, issues with the blank picture at the start of a backup that never goes away was bought up and a solution was posted. I'm having trouble finding it doing a search. In addition, ScubaPete also posted settings for DVD Decrypter that seemed to solve the problem for a time. I could use the link to that as well.

Sure would appreciate help on this folks.
    Thanx again!

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

if ya saying ya got a movie on ya hard drive and its got blank space u should be able to use dvd shrink to skip the space and then shrink it to another area on hard drive. from there you should be able to burn it. there are guides to do it on this site, its fairly easy to do

Rich

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

start a thread with: Scubapete can you re help me:

Include all the details and i'm sure he will help you when he sees it.

andmerr

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Here's an excerpt of how to do it in Shrink (the full explanation is in the guides somewhere out there, i've done it once or twice so it must be easy to find!!) ->

"In Re-Author mode, after you have dragged the main movie to the DVD Compilation window, try playing the file from the bottom window, you MAY have a long blank section at the beginning of the movie, if this is the case , here’s what you do;

Your now going to use the start/end selection button to edit the blank piece out .The button for this is located at the top of the left hand window , just above where you dragged the main movie to. Just hover your curser over the buttons, till you find the
    " set start/end frames " button. When you have found it, click it . a new window will open.
    In the top half of the window , slide the START FRAME slider across till you find the beginning of the film, (this is where the white writing is on a black background) , this will define the start point of you movie , eliminating the blank piece from the beginning, (so make sure you haven’t cut it to short)
    Now make sure the slider in the END FRAME part of the window is right over to the right hand end of the slide section, now click the OK button and the window will close." Then burn as normal.

also try here - http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/faq.php?faq=how_do_i or here -
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/164628

Here's a nice pictorial explanation - http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Thanks creaky. I have to try it tonight. I had that problem with The Grudge, but I just left it that way with the 10 sec black screen at the beginning of the movie.

7. Cman

Cman Member

Mort and everyone else who responded,

Thanks a bunch for the information!

Cman

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

For those that cant's read... LOL

[​IMG]

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hey bb, your showing off again.