1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently an incompatibility between a Netgear router and Windows 7 PC

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jagman55, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagman55

jagman55 Member

I had a HP Desktop 64 bit running windows 7 direct connect to a Linksys router.
    My ISP replaced my router (linksys) with a Netgear R6300v2 when I went to Gigablast (transfer 1gb data). I then replaced my HP laptop with a Lenovo running win 10.
    After installing the Netgear dual router, my win 7 HP desktop would NEVER see my Netgear router as I had moved the 1gb USB HD from the linksys to the new Netgear to share my data between my PC's. The HP PC works fine via the "hard wired" connection between the HP and the Netgear R6300v2.

Netgear would not help but eventually the Lenovo win 10 finally "saw" the router USB under a name //readyshare and is doing fine.

But the ability for my Win 7 HP desktop to see the USB HD on the Newgear R6300v2 router is frustrating,.

ANYONE recognize this problem of the Netgear R6300V2 not broadcasting to a win 7 or, a win 7 not recognizing the Storage on a Netgear R6300v2?
    It appears the private network is recognized by the rounter, etc for network traffic but there is NO "sharing" of the Win 7 OS on the HP to any other device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.