1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently Dead Island has bricked my 360.. help please.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dorian614, Apr 24, 2012.

1. dorian614

dorian614 Member

And it isn't even modded. I had a 360 that I did not play for a long time, so it was on an old dashboard. I put in Dead Island, it wanted to do an update, so okay, no problem..

But it didn't complete the update, and now it's stuck on the "Cannot read disc to complete update" screen. I have tried rebooting, using the disc, putting the latest update on a USB.. Nothing is working. Everything I am looking up with this problem seems to be related to a modded firmware on the drive.. But unless there's something about my 360 I never knew(highly unlikely), it was never modded.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

2. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Is the copy of Dead Island a legit retail copy? Is the disc damaged or scratched?

Dead Island is 12th wave, so you probably need the 12th wave update on USB to finish the update.

The update you get from xbox.com is always the latest, and is beyond the one on the Dead Island disc.

Not sure but I think the 12th wave update is either 2.0.13599.0 or 2.0.13604.0
    Search for one of those and give it a try. A lot of sites carry old updates.

Just a suggestion.