1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple 2 chip question

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mortus1, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mortus1

mortus1 Guest

I have an old Version4 PS2 and I had an apple 2 chip put in a couple years ago, now all of a sudden my PS2 has quit reading PS2 DVD backups, it still reads the original copies fine. I know its not the discs because I have made copies of all my games then all of a sudden they all quit working I even tested the old ones to make sure. Is there any way I can purchase a swap magic with a flip top, even though the apple chip is still installed, or do i need to buy a new PS2. Any response would be appreciated.

2. clouser

clouser Guest

did you shut the chip off by accident ? you can get a flip top it will work.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can try this:

Apple Chip Booting

First make sure you're machine is on Standby. Then Proceed

PS2 games

-Press EJECT to switch on the machine.

-Insert PS2 game into the tray, then press EJECT to close the tray.

-Once the tray is closed, press RESET to the load game.

DVD movies

-Once the browser/system config screen shows, select and go into the browser.

-Insert DVD movie in the tray, then press EJECT to close the tray.

-If the disc is not detected within 3-5 seconds. Press EJECT to open thetray. Once the tray opens fully, press EJECT again to close tray. The disc should be recognised by the second time around.

PSX games

-Insert PSX game in the tray, then press and hold RESET to switch off the machine.

-Now hold RESET to start up your machine. Release RESET once you see the first power on screen.

-Your PSX game should now boot

(If it shows the PSX game as an audio cd. This means that you didn't hold the RESET button long enough)