1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Modchip w/V4 PS2 Help with error msg. Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by deputyrj, Jan 13, 2003.

1. deputyrj

deputyrj Member

I have recently had a Apple chip installed on my Version 4 PS2 and am trying to make CD-R backups. When I made my first disk the screen came up in red and said "insert playstation or Playstation 2 format disc." I used Nero 5.10 wizard to direct copy the disc via my CD-RW drive. Please help me to figure out how to use my great new toy.

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

3. deputyrj

deputyrj Member

First of all, WizKid I appreciate the help. I have been booting the game like it is listed in the link you gave me and I am still getting the message to enter a Playstation or Playstation2 format disc.

4. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

My PS2 is Ver 7 with Apple V2 and I've noticed this trend increasing on newer releases. Occuring on BOTH the original discs and the copies. Starting with Mega Man X 7. I had never had any problems with games before, but, now 3 of them have loaded but eventually bombed back out due to to the PS2 asking for a PSX/PS2 format disc. I don't know if it's something in the way new discs are being made or if the Apples just aren't very good chips. I've had mine for just over a year.

MM X 7, Final Fantasy X-2, and Midway Arcade Treasures have given me trouble.

MM X 7: any attempt to return to the Title Screen causes the PS2 to ask for a proper format disc.

FF X-2: didn't want to load at first, for the first few times, saying it wasn't a proper format disc

Midway: loads the attract screen, but, the attempt to load the main screen bombs out the PS2 with the format disc error. Game doesn't even play.

All of these occurred on the originals and the copies. I tried Midway in my old Ver 1 PS2 and it loads fine. So, my guess is it's the chip, in some way. Either the discs are being made differently to bypass older Apple chips or the chips are just dying early deaths.

I'm still trying to find out any information on this, though, other than speculation. This is an old thread :) so if anyone can direct me with me more info, great appreciated! Thanks!