1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple -X 3 Xbox modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by monkeez, Jun 20, 2003.

1. monkeez

monkeez Member

Does anyone know how to use the Apple-X 3 Xbox modchip? I have it installed so that I have the orange Xbox logo when I start it up, but I can't get a CD-RW with the EvolutionX dashboard on it to boot up. It keeps saying it can't read the disc. Could it be the DVD drive? I have a Samsung.
    Thank you in advance.

2. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Try a different kind of media.The chip is working right if you have a orange "xbox" when you turn it on with the power button.It will have the Microsoft XBOX logo when you boot it with the eject button.

3. RTG-ARO

RTG-ARO Member

I have an apple x3 chip installed too I am not fortunate enough to have a samsung drive but I just ordered one.I couldnt get mine to do anything but show that orange X until me and my buddy put EVO X 4977 bios and added a 120 gb hard drive it now plays all the games i have backed up to the hard drive but we still havnt figured out how to lock the
    new hard drive so when I turn the chip off my xbox flashes red and will not read my original games unless I put my original hard drive back in then all is normal. if any one knows the fix for this please advise.By the way in retrospect i wish I had went with a executer mod it seems alot more people have them so its easier to get help and answers to questions.

4. RTG-ARO

RTG-ARO Member

SHANK69 if you can offer any help or spacific info on how you are using your apple x3 bios and how you set it up it would be greatly appreciated because I obviously have missed something with my bios install I never tried to flash the chip maybe my trouble lies there. There arent to many apple x3 owners around please help that flashing red problem is kicking my natural a*s. THANK YOU

5. cali75

cali75 Guest

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ALTHOUGH I KNOW WHAT IT IS. I HAVE TO UNLOCK AND LOCK MY HARDDRIVE WITH MY ORIGINAL HARDRIVE PASSWORD BUT IM AFRAID OF MESSING WITH IT BECAUSE I NEED SOME KIND OF TUTORIAL SO I DONT MESS IT UP. IF I MESS WITH IT WILL I BE MESSING WITH MY CHIP ALSO OR IS IT SEPAERATE. I HAVE AN APPLEX3 CHIP AND I DONT KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO FLASH.

6. sonspot69

sonspot69 Member

sup,i spent over 3 hours trying diff cdrw, dvdrw, none of them worked till i tried a dvdr and it worked perfect,. it took 15min for the leadout so dont try to eject the dvdr its still burning..

7. insomnet

insomnet Member

how do you flash the apple-x 3 mod chip?

8. thepepe

thepepe Member

Also I would be really interested since it looks as if I'll be buying an Apple X3

9. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Hello everybody.Okay Im gonna do a step by step tutorial on flashing your AppleX3.It is pretty much the same way as any other mod chip.So here it goes.
    1.Make sure you have a valid BIOS file.It will need to be 256k for the AppleX3.(Also known as cheap LPC mod)
    2.Make sure you have these entries in your evox.ini under the [BIOS] section make sure these are there.
    #
    Flash = 0x01d5,"AMD - Am29F080B",0x100000
    Flash = 0x04d5,"FUJITSU - MBM29F080A",0x100000
    Flash = 0xadd5,"Hynix - HY29F080",0x100000
    Flash = 0x20f1,"ST - M29F080A",0x100000
    Flash = 0xbf61,"SST - 49LF020",0x40000
    Flash = 0x015b,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000
    Flash = 0x01da,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000
    #Flash = 0x89a6,"SHARP - LH28F008SCT",0x100000,0x20,0xd0,0x10
    #Flash = 0x378c,"AMIC - A29002",0x40000

and also make sure that this string is in the [MENU] section somewhere

Item "Flash BIOS",@1

3.Now ftp to your XBOX with your favorite FTP program and put your 256k bin file in /C/bios/
    4.Now REBOOT your Xbox and select "Flash BIOS" from where ever you added it to your menu.(Or whereever it already was at in your menu)Now select the BIOS file from the menu,and press "A".A menu will come up with some tech info and it will say "Press Y to flash BIOS"
    Press "Y" and away you go.Your XBOX will turn off when done.
    5.Power back on you XBOX with your new BIOS loaded.

>>>>Please note that I take no responsibility for any damage that may occur to your XBOX by following this tutorial.The info is accurate to the best of my knowledge.I used this exact method to flash my AppleX3.Please also look at www.xbox-scene.com in the tutorials section for some more help in "Flashing BIOS from evox">>>>>>

Good luck everyone and I hope all goes well for you.

10. CFH

CFH Member

i have an apple x3... chip is installed but i can not get the orange xbox symbol to appear on startup.. and the red light on the chip come on sometimes, but not all the time... does anyone know what might be going on?

11. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Go back and resolder your points.One of them isnt a making a good connection_X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 Magic3.1
    PS2v7 Swap Magic 2.0
    XBOX Xecuter 2.1 Lite 120GB HD
    XBOX Apple X3 80GB HD[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  12. CFH

CFH Member

so once i make a good connection on all solder points, the red light on the chip should stay on and the orange xbox symbol will appear on start up (if power button is pressed)?? also, the really small solder point (link A) does have to be done? cause that is dam hard... i have a small peice of wire pushed into the hole (link A) but i have not soldered it yet cause i do not have a small enough solder tip! is this a problem??

13. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Damn bro, link A is your D0 point.That is very nessecary to make the chip work.And it is also the trickiest part of the mod job.I used a 15watt Solder iron from Radio Shack,it was 10 bucks and had a small tip on it.Good Luck

14. insomnet

insomnet Member

unfortuantyl im not getting any light on my apple-x3 and its directly sodered to the board and the two wires are in approreate places. any suggestions? thanks

15. watadork

watadork Member

i installed the apple-x3 modchip and the red and green lights blink. Nothing is on the screen. No orange xbox logo. Is it the wiring?? What? Help please thanks.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  16. cali75

cali75 Guest

I HAVE MY APPLEX3 SOLDERED IN A DIFFERENT PLACE FOR POINT A IT IS SOLDERED ON THE UNDER SIDE OF THW MOTHERBOARD TRY THAT. I FORGOT WHERE I GOT THE INFO ON THE SOLDER POINT BUT TRY LOOKING WHERE THEY SELL APPLE X 3 CHIPS YOU WILL FIND IT. GOOD LUCK

17. watadork

watadork Member

i tried every soldering point for A and B none of them work. I press the power button and the red and green lights flash. I press the eject button and i see the green xbox logo. Am i doin something wrong? help please.

18. CFH

CFH Member

Thanks shank69ox
    I resoldered the points and now i have the orange xbox symbol on startup!! now i just have to get it to read a disc with evox on it!!! but that is sweeet that i have the chip installed now....

19. CFH

CFH Member

sweeet...... i am reading evox now.... cool
    so it is all working... ROCK ON!!!!

20. nutman

nutman Member

Does anyone have some pics on how to install the apple-III xbox modchip. The xbox that I have doesn't seem to match the pics on the internet.