1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Application that copies movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by roger3125, Feb 19, 2005.

1. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I know, I know...its not legal to copy a movie. I wouldn't think of it. Just curious of what the name was of that commercial application they used to sell that did that. A friend has it and says he can (but of course wouldn't...yeah right!) copy a rented movie.

Anm inquiring mind wants to know

2. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

This is just a wild guess... but you haven't read many posts have you?

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You are probably thinking of DVD X COPY programs. Two free programs that can do the same job are DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Of course making copies of rentals is illegal as you know.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  4. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I had a small suspician that might have been a hot topic at one time LOL. And your right I'm a newbie, both to the group and even newer to a PC. You don't mind if I hold you guys hands for a while do ya?

Thanks for the quick replies

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

click on the guides tab at the top of the page, everything you need to know.

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

dont forget to disable that tracking chip if you plan on backing up blockbuster games

7. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Tracking chip? I haven't even downloaded the file and already you have me watching my back....not that I would copy a commercial disk you understand

8. Helsbels

Helsbels Guest

Hi,
    I thought it best to jump in off the back of this one rather than start a new thread.

Extreme newbie here - have been reading the other v detailed threads on copying protected DVDs, and the only question I had left was:

Does decrypting a protected DVD change/damage/remove protection permenantly from the DVD being copied? in other words is it effected in any way?

This might a very stupid question, but I thought it best to know before I damage a friends DVD she wants backed up...As I said - Newbie...

Thanks

9. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Decrypting the dvd will remove the protection and the region encoding from the copy. But the original will not be altered in any way shape or form. Hope that helps you out.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  10. Helsbels

Helsbels Guest

Perfectly -
    Thank you

11. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Not a problem we are here to help in any way we can

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  12. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

great Sig doofy.

Its that you in it?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  13. markks

markks Guest

OK after looking at Doofy pic i forgot what i was going to ask lol just joking

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

can i have a packet of condoms please?

am i seeing double? hehehe...

15. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

It was a pic i came across on the net, Very nice pic but i removed it incase she did not like me using it whoever she may be.

16. markks

markks Guest

OK now i liked the old pic much better

17. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I have a few of those stupid dumb questions that I'm sure you won't mind answering.

Questions: When you lable a CD/DVD disc what kind of marker/pen do you use AND what side do you mark on? Example, I'm using Memorex CD-RW, 700MB/80 minute, 1X-4X speed discs. Do I mark this side or the blank side?

Also, how do I know to use 1X-4X speed discs and not something faster

And lasly, how do I attach the round disc lables you make with Nero Lable Designer?

Thankin ya kindly

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

roger3125

I don't mind answering your questions. Just be sure you read this whole post!

Well everyone here knows you mark the side that you wrote your data to of course.

You should look for only the 1x disks and all the Memorex you can find!!

With some Super Glue. This will keep them held to the disk the best and make sure you attach the label to the side you recorded your data to...

OK now for real just do the opposite of everything I just said and you should be OK I think?
    1. You never want to write or put anything on the data side of this disk!! Use A Sharpie to mark on your disk
    2. You can use the fastest disk possible, but your burner is only going to burn it at the speed it is capable of.
    3. Don't put labels on your disks they are just bad news, but if you must there are all sorts of labeling kits you can buy in the store that come with applicators to make putting those labels on very easy.

19. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

A.) It hurts my eyes when I look at this topic title. Can you guys recommend a good brand of sunglasses or eye drops?

2.) I can't stop washing my hands since I read the hand holding comment. I need a good moisturizer recommendation.

Kappa.) I once worked part-time as a suspician. It's good work if you can get it. I have never worked at Hot Topic, however. How can I get a job there?

D.) When I burn my dvd's to 5 1/4 diskettes, I can't see the writing on the shiny dark thing through the hole after trying to play my movie once. Should I abandon the chisel and use something softer, like say, a small pen knife?

5.) How do I attach the Smiley Face Walmart greeter labels to my movie disks?

F.) I don't mind if you use my picture Doofy, if you can tell me how to get those labels I used to stay on. It's really getting old typing with my nose.

20. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

ROFL I personally don't write on my dvd copys i usually print direct to the disc these days. The good old marker pen always worked for me, i would avoid the stick on labels even if they come with an applicator, some people have had issues with the dvd being unplayable after using them. Something to do with it becoming unbalanced if i remeber correctly.