1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Application that copies movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by roger3125, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Mantle7

Mantle7 Member

bbmayo, good one.
    I actually fell out of my chair when i read it.LOL

2. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

<<You never want to write or put anything on the data side of this disk!!>>

Understoo...but which side is the daa side. The one with the name and information on or the blank side?

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

The blank side

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

easy the side with the hole in!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

But you know Rotary,if you buy cheap media,the hole is on the wrong side dont ya?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

the ones doofy buys have 2 BIG holes in, seen his sog pic?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This guy can not be serious ;-) If you are then here are some very good directions for you please follow..

1. Click on Start (Bottom Left of Screen)
    2. Click on shut down (Actually select shut down)
    3. Pack up your computer
    4. Now donate it to goodwill

Thats it.... :)
    Thanks Mantel but I seriously don't think he got the hint LOL

8. Amberly

Amberly Member

just a thought to those who want to label their dvds, if you are ok with coloring them and making them pretty yourself, then Fujifilm sells DVD-R's with white surfaces so you can decorate them. They work great too:)

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

It's the side without any markings on it. The opposite side from the Text, Picture, Imprint,or just like the DVD from the store, the bottom of the disk if it is in your DVD Player.

Now, is this thread for real or what!?!?!? I think this one takes the cake over the paper towel in the microwave comment about removing the tracking chip.

Let's see, we had drama, sex, (doofy pic's), humor, (bbmayo,Rotary, Jim_Dandy, etc.,) and still came back to a tough discussion about which side is up. Actually [bold]roger3125[/bold], I think if you use the pic's of Doofy's sig as a visual, you will always remember that the print side is UP!!! And the DATA side is the bottom!!! <G>

[bold]One thing that still puzzles me is that this just feels like a complete setup, the thread title, stating the "just a newbie here and on the PC", etc., just something that's not quite right or smells fishy...[/bold]

10. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

roger3125, do yourself a favor, bub, and just read some forum topics. All you're doing posting questions like these is, as they say in boxing, leading with your chin. 10 minutes of looking around this site and others like videohelp.com and you won't need to ask any of this (and you'll not be setting yourself up for abuse, either).

11. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I remember my first cd. I was afraid the laser would burn a hole through the player and find someway to my eye. As for the right side to play or label, don't get me started. I ended up making a wall of damaged cds. Looks pretty cool now though. i find this image interesting.

12. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

MrClub...I appreciate your thoughts but, beleive it or not, there still remains newbies in this "computor world" we live in. I was always taught in school "There is no such thing as a 'dumb question'" I am a retired HS math teacher...if you came to me and asked what a googleplex is would I make fun of you?

I would not, nor would I assume to know your background fo mathematics. As a gentleman I would simply answer your question...as as they said on Seinfeld "Be done with it"

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use battery acid & a radial arm drill to remove the tracker chip, then fashion a repair with wattle & daub. Blockbusters have never found out yet!
    My media only has the hole on one side. This stops you putting it in the wrong way! Then you know what side to mark on. (sorry)
    There is no such thing as a dumb question, but there can be a dumb answer.

Very dumb if I reply.

Pulsar

14. tjbichon

tjbichon Member

Im pretty new at this dvd burning stuff, but most times everything works fine- but a few times i had an error just 2 minutes into backup. anyone know how i can get around this problem. the only program i have is dvd shrink.

TJ

15. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

step by step pictorial guides :)

edit: oops , I forgot to say ... decent blank media is very important [good Riteks or Taiyo Yuden for example]

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

tjbichon,
    Hey don't mind us it isn't personnal honest. We just like to have fun some time's :)

Anyway here is a website I made just for newbies..

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/
    That should help you out a lot.

17. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Another dumb question, if you guys don't mind. Can NeroExpress in addition to copying to a CD also list what is on that CD. I had Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator and it was able to do that. Actually it printed a Cover and on the back of the cover it listed the names of the files. Kinda neat I thought. I just didn't like Roxio

18. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

Roger, don't take my advice the wrong way. I wasn't saying you were asking dumb questions, I was merely trying to save you from abuse by recommending that you look at some of the many threads on this site and others which already deal with these topics. Some here get a kick out of mocking newbies. I don't and was merely trying to save you some hassle. In any event, I apologize.

19. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

roger, you would also be better off starting a new thread for your recent question.

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Roger sly is right you question is way off topic and is actually one of the rules here at AD [bold]8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.[/bold] and some newwbie's deserve mocking hell now that I think about some of us Seniors deserve it too LOL :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005