1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Application that copies movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by roger3125, Feb 19, 2005.

1. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Mrchub - your apology is accepted and comments forgotten. As a newbie I am learning the rules of the road and as suggested I will open another - what that thing called?

See what I mean?

Thanks guys!

2. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

WEll thanks to you guys I will soon be heavily invested in software. Got a question...but I need an HONEST answer.

From reading the posts it appears DVD X Copy is the best choice for copying DVDs. I know I can buy Platinum for $150 on this site and I beleive DVD X Express for $89...but I've seen the same on Ebay for like $15 to $30 with activation guarnanteed by PayPal...so I have two questions...1. Whats the difference between Platinum (or Gold) DVD X Copy and DVD X Express? and 2. Is there some reason for me not purchasing one on Ebay for less?

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Dont do it!!!! That company went under a couple of months back.. Support is almost non exsistant and the program is outdated and wont work on the newer encryption... Save you money.. I am not sure where you have been reading about Xcopy at, but it must be some old stuff... Better combination and easier is DVDCopy3 and AnyDVD by far the best IMO. If you don't want to buy anything you can use DVD Shrink And DVD Decrypter and I have guides on using those at my website (Link is in my signature)..

4. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Roger, I dont know what posts you have read but you were looking at the wrong ones. Previously bbmayo recommended his site http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html Last time I checked his first link says to use dvddecrypter and dvd shrink. DvdXcopy can be had for free but even then it isnt worth the space on your harddrive. You need to spend time looking at the forum and at the guides given thats what there for.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  5. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks..I guess it really is true you can easily get ripped off on line. again thanks for the warning. Sooo If I, a newer than new newbie wanted to copy say a commercial movei rented from Blockbuster, for example...not that I ever would you understand...could I do that using Shrink or the other one you mentioned and of course the big question, is it really easy?

6. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

shrink works on most movies except with some of the colombia tristar movies ie; resident evil2, little black book, and others. Those that have the newer encryption need to be ran through dvddecrypter. Once you learn dvd copying you will soon be trying everything else so remember to search the forum for any solution to a new problem, chances are someone already fouled up and got the answer to your sitch. I also suggest that you learn more about pc's in general because alot of problems can be caused by different settings. First thing you need to understand is what DMA is. Also if you get a "crc" error chances are it is a dirty or scratched disc. I learned most everything I know about computers from screwing them up. Before you buy anything ask around so you dont waste your money or time. BTW welcome to AD.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes and Yes :)
    Just follow a guide and you will be on your way. I made my guides as easy as possible. If you can read and look at pictures pointing at exactly what to do then yes even you can do it.. LOL :)

8. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Now that I'm a notsonewbie any longer I'm beginning to laugh along with you guys at my previous ignorance. Thankls for putting up with me

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It's no problem Rodger3125 :)

Do you have it working?

10. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Do indeed and I'm working it like an old timer. Now trying to figure out how to get Nero to print the list of files on a cover. Directions say you can but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for keeping up with me

11. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

There is a button that says 'Nero Cover Designer' .... hit that !! :c)

12. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

If what you mean by 'Hit the button" you are referring to the Cover Design button on SlideShow...well I don't see it. If you are refering to the Cover Design link from SmartStart I can do that. I can also design a cover. I need diretions on how to get the folder contents to be listed so I can place it on the back of the Title page inside the plastic folder that holds the CD.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Open up Note pad and start typing!! Then copy and paste!! LMAO

Sorry I couldnt pass that one up.. :)

14. herbsman

Roger , what on earth are you on about ..?

If you just done a compilation , hit cover designer & it'll show details of compilation in the front & rear pages.
    If doing DVD then hit that instead as TAB when opening from afresh , all I can say is you really need to play about more with software !!

15. Snottt

Snottt Member

New at this stuff!!

I have searched this forum just a bit and I have a quick question?? I have burned a couple of backups using X-Copy, can I burn another movie from the backup?? I have tried and no luck?? Is this possible with other software?

Thanks

16. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You can't use X Copy software to recopy something done with X Copy software. It is designed to stop extra copies using the same software. However you should be able to use any other software to make a second copy. Any disc copy program should do the trick. No need to use a decrypter again since the first copy has no encryption.
    Did I confuse you enough??

Jerry

17. Snottt

Snottt Member

No Got It!!

Thanks

18. pulsar

pulsar Active member

With the RF version of platinum you CAN make a copy of a copy. You have to use the browse facility, otherwise it will not, for some obscure reason, pick up the disc automatically!

19. herbsman

Just use DVD Decrypter (free software) in ISO Read then ISO Write mode.

JOB DONE

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

further to the HERBSMEISTER tute hehehe...

check this out from DD site

=======DVD-5 -> DVD±R, Single layer DVD discs only (*Inc PS2*)=========

Remove all discs from drives.

Open DVD Decrypter.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Read'.

Put DVD-5 / PS2 disc in drive.

Take note of the 'Destination' file name.

Click the big 'Decrypt' button.

Take the DVD-5 / PS2 disc out of the drive.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Write'.

Put a blank disc in your DVD Writer.

Click the little folder icon - 'Browse for source file' - and select the MDS file created for you as part of the steps above.

Click the big 'Write' button.

Finished!

Note: You NEED a chipped PS2 to play these disks. Try http://www.gameworlddirect.co.uk or http://www.modchip.com