1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

applying subtitles with Dvd Flick !

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by knfusd, Mar 13, 2009.

1. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

Does anyone here know how to apply subtitles with Dvd Flick. I have an avi copy of Miracle At St Anna that i've attempted to put subtitles to 3 times and have struck out each time. I've read the help file but it doesn't explain how to in reality. If someone could help I'd be in your debt. thanks for any responses.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

What form are the subs?

3. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

the subtitles in the folder are srt files

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Add the vid file-> Edit title-> Subtitle Tracks-> Add.

5. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

I did that and got no subtitles, I don't understand what i'm doing incorrectly. I'm gonna give it another shot and see what comes of it. Same outcome no subtitles. As a matter of fact I did as instructed and it showed the same audio file in the window when I did as instructed, Mystice. Shouldn't something different come/show up in the screen when adding the subtitles?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

7. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

thanks for the guide cyprusrom, I really appreciate the help you've given. Unfortunately that is a guide for an older version of the dvd flick program which I don't have. It's a decent program but it really doesn't go into any depth or detail if you you have troubles or concerns in trying to solve any issues you have using it. And to answer your question, no it doesn't have any preview or editing the subs, not that i'm a genius at this but I would've attempted to see if I did correctly the first time I attempted to put the file to disk. Even with this guide you've provided I'm still not sure I understand how it would work. For example if someone is speaking German in the film, would I list German as language to get English subtitles? I'm puzzled cause I watched some of the film and it seems as though besides English characters are speaking German and another language as well. And if i'm supposed to put English as language to get Englih subs well i've done that and it doesn't work.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

WHat version of DVD Flick do you have? I have 1.3.0.6, build 737(which is pretty close to the latest). Maybe some display options have changed, but the basics are the same. The guide is still valid.

If the video and the subtitles are in the same folder and have the same name, DVD Flick will actually pick up the subtitles on its own(if the subs are supported by DVD Flick).Usually I work with srt.

Here's an image. I loaded the video, the subtitle was automatically detected and loaded. If you want to edit it, just click on
    1-Edit Title
    2-subtitle track
    3-Edit .If you wish to add more subs, just click add.

Yes, if the subtitles will be in English, then you select English(which will actually be default probably).

[​IMG]

9. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

thanks cyprusrom again for the reponse. I have 1.3.0.5 i'm gonna try your build and see if I get a different result