1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approx. DVD Backup time?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mpuwal, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mpuwal

mpuwal Member

I was wondering, what is the approximate time it should take to burn a DVD movie at 4x speed.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

It would definitely,depend on the size of the movie, and rather, or not, you use the quality enhancements,and your computer specs,there is no set answer.

3. mpuwal

mpuwal Member

Would using RecordNow compared to Nero make a difference in write time? Just curious!

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I'm not familiar with that program, but I would think 4x, is 4x, no matter what apps is burning it.

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you are just referring to the burning process and excluding any ripping (which varies depending on compression), then 13-14 minutes to burn at 4X. About 7-8 minutes to burn at 8X, and around 22 minutes to burn at 2.4X.

6. oquela

oquela Member

It really depends on the disks/drives/other factors (like using a laptop)
    On my desktop, 14-15 minutes is what I've averaged with 4x Pioneer dvd-r drives and Ritek disks. I hear this is best performance I could expect.

Same burner/disks in a firewire external box w/firewire cardbus adapter: about 20 minutes.

If you include ripping, it depends on the processor, dvd reader (and memory, I believe) I'm using a Lite-on reader, have 1G memory/AMD Athlon 1.2, and can usually get a 7.5G movie copied, beginning to end, in a little over an hour.