1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR MAX and DVD backups?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Phaethar, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Phaethar

Phaethar Member

Hey all,

I'm not having much luck on getting AR MAX codes to work with any of my backups. I'm using a fliptop cover with the Swap Magic discs to play my backups normally. What I'm trying to do with the now is boot up the AR program, choose my game and codes, insert the SM DVD disc, then proceed to boot up the game. Works fine.. just no codes. However, if I use my original copy of the game, the codes work fine. So there's something in the loading up of the Swap Magic DVD disc that's causing the codes not to work, and I'm hoping someone knows how to get around it. I'm using an early (V1-3) version of the PS2 if that helps, along with V3 of the Swap Magic CD, and V2 of the DVD disc. I've tried multiple games.. the originals work with the codes, but the backups do not.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Phaethar

Phaethar Member

Bump... still hoping someone has an answer for this.

3. Phaethar

Phaethar Member

One more bump. Kind of a bummer if I can't use my AR on any backups...

4. razarg

razarg Member

It won't work because the codes get "put" on the Swap Magic discs. Then when you swap for the game, the codes are lost.

The way you would need to do it is swap at the menu, (Knife Trick/Slide Card) which you can't do with Action Replay Max, because the disc keeps spinning.