1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR Max Disc needs modchip?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by meteo, Oct 28, 2004.

1. meteo

meteo Member

I bought the AR max disc the other day.I put it in my ps2 and i get "insert playstation 2 disc".Does the ps2 need a mdochip to get this thing working?My ps2 model is a SCPH-50004.
    The disc is EU (england) and my ps2 is EU (sweden,at least last i had a check sweden was in eu) PAL of course.I did the reset thing and all that.Can someone help me please?What do i need to do to get it working?

2. meteo

meteo Member

why does not anyone answer? Please.Just tell me what i need.

3. meteo

meteo Member

Come on.Just a simple answer.

4. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

lf its pressed then... no

5. meteo

meteo Member

It's pressed and i got it to work after i press the reset button a few times.Does not always work wich make me kinda angry.Im not happy with it but i cant return it.It cost me 399 Swedish kr.So i just have to get used to press the reset button a few times before i get it working.Sometimes it help when the PS2 is vertical.Datel's FAQ says the same.
    But if someone knows a better technique please tell me.

6. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

Adjust ur laser.
    Do a search on it if u dont k?n?o?w how 2.

7. meteo

meteo Member

Wierd if i have to adjust the laser.I bought the ps2 last month on 26th.I could try to whack it with a hammer and see if it helps.Otherwise i just have to have patience and not be to eager to cheat in games.Cheating is bad anyway (but seriously i was stuck playing ffx killing seymor for the third time)But i found out that it's able to do more than cheat.Anyways..I'm able to get it working after about 5-10 minutes and about 347 resets.As a cheater i cant really ask too much anyway.In order to gain something,you must make sacrifices. Thank you kindest for your help.If this post does'nt get deleted i will keep posting here to let you know how things are working out *sorry for my bad english* //Marked_Cheater

8. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Datel really stuffed this up!!! Plus with the false advertising about the CDR ISO updates on the Download section on there website and false advertising is illegal in my country but no one wants to know about it, im sure we could get a big bunch of moneys from datel some how from this MAJOR f**k up!