1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR MAX; Questions before I buy.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by legato777, Jan 28, 2005.

1. legato777

legato777 Member

Just want to ask a few things before I go out and but it.

I heard you can do the swap trick with this. I also heard you could do it with gameshark, so I went out and bought one, and it turns out, it was only the first versions, cause they fixed it, where the disc tray ejects on its own.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/237338.asp

Will this one work?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/226496.asp

What about this one? (It would be better if this one worked, since its cheap.)

Thanks for any help.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs. So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

AR MAX WILL NOT LET YOU BOOT BACKUPS
    however you can use swap magic with ar max
    and your play backups with cheats heres how:

DVD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and press x.
    8. Once the screen that says "swap dvdr by ea method" comes up swap the high toc original with your dvd-r backup using ea method and press x.
    9. Your backup will now load with cheats.

If action replay booted backups,
    it would make things a lot easier.