1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR Max v3.3 scph70002 problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Dude2099, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

I just recently purchased one of these evil buggy, not yet to prove itself to me thing, now first if anyone comes across this problem that it wont boot with a scph70002, what you have to do is put that disk in with it turned off, then turn the ps2 on, it doesnt seem to work anyother way for me. Now for my main problem i cant find any CDR media that seem to work with my scph70002 with the option in AR Max media player ive tryed Kodak, TDK, Imation, but the annoying thing is cheap shit media works on my older hmmmm maybe v5 ps2 not sure about the version, its like no CDRs can be loaded, and i dont have any CDR PS2 games. Anyone else got this problem?? Oh and if i buy a modchip that supports DVD-RW, will i beable to burn games to dvd-rw, might sound like a dum question but i thought it might be for divx use with some modchips or the likes. Thanks

2. meteo

meteo Member

Im not sure if it helps but,here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/120619

I have the same problem.Datel says it requires a few resets and/or placing your ps2 vertically ot get it working.It works on my machine now.Just takes some time.It should work on your machine aswell.

As for your CD-R problem i dont know anything about it.

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

With each new release of the PS2 Sony continues to improve upon their efforts to make the machine incompatible with non licensed products such as those from Datel. The best solution is to buy an older PS2 if modding is not an option.

4. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Oh lolz ill be modding this lil puppy as soon as my DMS4 arrives :-D Cant Wait!