1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ar2 or gs2 with swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jam_C5, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Jam_C5

Jam_C5 Member

I have a no-solder chip and swap magic 2 and have been using it with great success with my backups, but I wanted to take advantage of the ar2 cheats, so I bought one and it will not boot my backups. Is it not possible to use the cheats codes and swap magic? The ar2 is the newest one out.

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

wat version is your ps2. I dont think that the v7 and up play ar2 or gs2 for backups.

3. Jam_C5

Jam_C5 Member

ver 5.

4. Jam_C5

Jam_C5 Member

I can boot my backups fine and play them by using my swap magic, but I want to use the ar2 for the cheats, but I can't get the ar2 to boot the backups. Is the ar2 that I have too new? Do I need the older version? It seems that most people use the ar2 to just boot up their backups, but I need it too boot it up and enable the cheats, otherwise I might as well just use my swap magic disks.

5. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Here's how I do it:
    1.) Boot the gs2/ar2
    2.) I then boot the cdloader using the gs2/ar2
    3.) Then follow the cdloader instructions for booting games and it will load with the cheats.

*note* this for booting dvd games. Cd games will boot directly from the gs2/ar2.

6. Jam_C5

Jam_C5 Member

what is your cdloader? what version of ar2 & gs2 do you have? I have the newest version 3. If I try to just boot the backup with the ar2/gs2, I get a black screen and no boot. If I put in the swap magic disk when it asks for a disk and then a backup, the backup will work but the cheats don't do anything. I think the swap magic disk reboots the ps2 and removes the gs2/ar2 cheats from memory. Has anyone succesfully booted a backup with cheats enabled with a no solder chip installed using gs2 ver 3 or ar2 ver 3? If so, how?

7. Jam_C5

Jam_C5 Member

what is your cdloader? what version of ar2 & gs2 do you have? I have the newest version 3. If I try to just boot the backup with the ar2/gs2, I get a black screen and no boot. If I put in the swap magic disk when it asks for a disk and then a backup, the backup will work but the cheats don't do anything. I think the swap magic disk reboots the ps2 and removes the gs2/ar2 cheats from memory. Has anyone succesfully booted a backup with cheats enabled with a no solder chip installed using gs2 ver 3 or ar2 ver 3? If so, how?

8. Jam_C5

Jam_C5 Member

sorry about double post. can anyone shed any light on the compatibility of the new ar2 ver 3 and gs2 ver 3 with enabling cheat codes with the no solder mod?

9. Jam_C5

Jam_C5 Member