1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arccos protected DVD- not enough HD space to Decrypt 1st

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by colin72, Mar 6, 2005.

1. colin72

colin72 Member

I was trying to use DVD Shrink on Repo Man and my computer locks up. After some searching, I found the explanation of the "running man" and Arccos. I saw the "running man" while attempting to shrink the Repo Man DVD.

I've read the way to go about this is to use DVD Decrypter and then DVD Shrink but I do not have anough room on my hard Drive for the decryption.

Is there any way I can burn this DVD (or any other Arccos DVD)?

Thanks

Edit: I've found that purchasing Dvd95Copy would solve my problem but are there any other solutions?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

if the problem is drivin you to buy new software then imho you'd be better off spending that money on a 2nd hard drive. I reused a spare (small) 20GB hard drive and hooked it up in a cheap usb2 enclosure. It's slow for me (ie i'm not saying they're all slow as they're most def. not), but i only use it for the rare (only resident evil 2 so far) film that needs to be copied in full to hard drive first.

Rich

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

I think AnyDVD would work for your problem. But you can always use a new hard drive. :)

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The running man,or is the the running boy in green shorts flipping us the bird?
    Try converting the unreference materials folder into a still image on dvd shrink.

Anydvd is great, also a second hard drive is awesome! I can keep my movies on my 200 gig maxtor and away from my os.

5. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

saugmon: Noticed in your reply that you keep your movies on the 200 maxtor. Do you keep them there after you burn them in case you want to burn again? I thought I read somewhere in all of the threads (and I have read a ton of them), that it is better to delete them and "re-rip" than to burn twice.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

naw, once they're on ya hard drive, you can simply chuck them into Nero or your burning proggie of choice, and just do the burn sequence as all the hard work has been done already. ie for me thats just 15mins of Nero at 4x, instead of the whole rigmorole of ripping etc, especially if it's got cheeky new protections on the original disc..

Rich

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Tsquare43, I keep those movie files on my 200 gig "I" drive for a month or 2. I've had as many as 25 movies on their using over half the hard drive.That's why I don't like using dvd decryptor on this pc, heck of a time trying to find those iso files,lol
    I did make extra copies that way,now I just rip those backups with nero express disc copy-on the fly and save 5 minutes.
    I have re-ripped from one of my re-rips several times,still excellent quality backup. I use high quality media and 4x max burn speed though.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005