1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcsoft DVD burning works but Sonic MyDVD does not - why?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rakarsa, May 28, 2003.

1. rakarsa

rakarsa Member

Hi,

Trying to do something simple ... I think.
    1.Have analog Hi8 camcorder tape
    2. Have capture card in PC
    3. Can capture analog Hi8 to mpeg-2 format
    4. Using Showbiz Arcsoft can create a DVD without menu's which play on my DVD settop player
    5. If I try the same thing using Sonic MyDVD(so I can add menu/chapters and the like) I burn a DVD which ONLY plays on my PC but NOT my Settop DVD player. I have the same problem when burning a DVD using NeoDVDstandard.

My Questions:
    1. I'm puzzled as to why MyDVD and Neostandard create a great DVD (with menus)which doesn't play on my settop but does on my PC.
    2. How do I fit a bigger than 4.7GB Mpeg-2 file on a 4.7GB DVD-R?

Many thanks,

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

My answers:
    (1) Make sure there is an empty folder called AUDIO_TS on that DVD that you are creating. I've seen this be the cause a few times. Make sure it is capitalized and has the underscore just like I've shown here.

(2) You can't make a file bigger than 4.7 GB fit on a 4.7GB disc. You can compress the file to make it smaller. Try using DVDshrink; it's on the download page.

3. rakarsa

rakarsa Member

Thanks! AUDIO_TS is not the problem since the burnt DVD's that do play on my DVD player also don't have this folder.

For now, for archiving purposes I'm just going to use Arcsoft without menu's. Great quality...and it works. Later as I learn more about all this I'll dabble with other programs.

4. CrumFarm

CrumFarm Member

I'm having the opposite experience. Shobiz has worked for me 0% of the time (on 2 different PC's!) but MyDVD has been great. Oh well.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Could be a media issue OR a compatibility issue.

I had problems with Mydvd and standalones.

The only workaround I would suggest is to create the dvd with Mydvd as normal then copy it via a burning software such as nero or recnowmax to dvd - this will prove the software.

Just a suggestion - long winded I know.