1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all torrent Clients the same ?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dayspring, Mar 20, 2005.

1. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Are all torrent clients the same? I used Bit Torrent but found it slow and now using ABC which is a bit faster are there any you experts use that are better then others?

Also Is there one where I can play the file while it is downloading to see if it has the quality or in the case of music the track I want.

found Mp3000.net today but every file I tryed to DL it said did not exist any help her would be greatful.

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

They are the same with respect to the fact that they all download torrents. You knew that already.

Having said that, from personal experience, I've tried all of the clients, I prefer BitLord. You can get it www.bitlord.com.

Many will argue that Bitlord is a reworked version of the original BitComet. And I think thier right, however, I took the time to download the same torrent between both clients, and Bitlord was faster.

I haven't seen a torrent client that will let you preview a music file.

3. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Thanks for the reply i'm going to look into the BitLord client

Dayspring

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I recommend Azureus. One of the fastest, most configurable and n00b-friendly clients out there. Very popular.

5. alex_b

alex_b Member

bitspirit (http://www.bytelinker.com/intl/bs.htm) is very full-featured, but it's windoze only, no linux stuff. I like torrentstorm (http://www.torrentstorm.com), because it has some nice advanced features, including the ability to block peers with bad pieces. For me, the overriding need is to be able to preview the torrent meta-information [bold]before[/bold] starting a download. Azureus does not provide that, nor do a few other clients like bitTornado or ABC. I used to like BitLord, because of its minimalistic interface that provided just the features I needed, but it keeps freezing up, and on a fusking powerful computer that I use to download (1 GB of RAM, 100 GB hard disk space, 2Ghz PIV), that is not acceptable. The weird thing is, even though the GUI kept freezing up, bitlord's downloading went on very reliably, even though the rest of the system was having violent fits! :) I figure it's just bad memory management in bitLord. Anyway, check out the sites I recommmended ;)