1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are CMC MAG-E01-000 DVD+R Disc's NE Good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Manu_DVD, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Hi,

I bought 100 printable Bulkpaq discs over Ebay that should have had the MCC 003 Code, Instead I received these disc's (Again made by Bulkpaq)..Does anyone know if this CMC Dye is any good?

Thx

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD-ROM]
    Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
    Media Type ID : [E01]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]
    Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
    [Method 2 Might Not Always Detect All Speeds]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

one word - junk

3. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Really, that bad......Hmmmmm

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The worst!
    Wait a sec I just noticed these are +R disk's right? If so then they are good it's the -R CMC's that are junk, but most people have done good with the +R's

Sorry

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  5. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

6. bytor

bytor Member

I've using CMC +R for months and they are good (PIE AVG.3,0 / PIF AVG.0,14 in Nero CD-DVD speed).

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I dont know why people keep refering everyone to that digitalfaq site? Do you know how old that article is? I can assure you it is very old and out of date. If you searched a little more on the internet you will find that +R CMC is actually rated very high, but the -R's are not. Myself I use nothing but TY's, but most sites and people you talk to that have used the +R CMC's are very happy with them.

Fancymojo have you used the +R CMC's? If so what was your experiance with them? Because I Haven't heard anyone talk bad about the +R CMC before I was just curious?

8. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

yes i have used this media and a few weeks after burning media is unreadable waste of my time dont let it waste yours

9. shark29

shark29 Member

Dont let fancy scare you, I have burned over 300 +R CMC's and have never gotten even 1 coaster. The -R's are the problematic ones.

10. behrad

behrad Regular member

Well I have had nothing but coasters using "TDK" branded CMC + R media.

11. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

im not trying to scare anybody just stating the facts in my case you better of buying TYEDUN media @ supermediastore.com its about 45.00 for a 100 pk and thats grade A media NEVER BUY DVD-R'S FROM EBAY

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The fact of the manner is I have never had to many coasters from any media I have used! You wont get coasters from bad media. Bad media just tends to play poorly of not work after time. If you are getting coasters it is more than likely another issue. The best advise that could be given here is to try different media and see what one works best for you. With all the different burners and programs out there to burn with CMC may work great for some but not for others. A lot of people swear by the Riteks, but some have problems with them. Now I have never heard anyone complain about Taiyo Yuden's. I pretty much use TY's now, but I have had great burns with Prodisc also. This same subject is discussed in AD over a thousand times so I would say to just read all the post's in here and go from there.

Manu_DVD,
    I would say go ahead and give those disks a try and see how they work out for you. Who knows you just may love them, and if not there is always Ebay :) (to sell them of course)

13. behrad

behrad Regular member

ok a correction to my post as defined by bbmayo.
    I meant to say the failures I have had with the CMC +R media rather than coasters. As you pointed out, these discs burn ok but upon play back, they display the pausing and stopping that we all know and hate. So I can not call them coasters but they are not much use to me! Sorry about the mistake.
    :)

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah so they arent coasters just frizzbeess L OL

15. behrad

behrad Regular member

that's about right!!!
    :)

16. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

bbmayo, I indeed intend to try out the disc's..I burned my back up of Catwoman with one, book typed to DVD ROM and it plays back fine..On the plus side, These bulkpaq branded disc's (like MCC Bulkpaq) have an outstanding smooth printable surface that gives professional results..

Ouside of printable DVD +, I am using excellent Maxell (Japan) DVD+R (5 pk with Jewel Case - 3,49 Euro)
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:YUDEN000-T01-000]
    Flawless DVD Recording..

Anyway everyone, thanks for your advice!

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm happy for you and glad that those disk's seemed to work out :)

18. Shamus2k

Shamus2k Member

I can't vouch for others, but I picked up a bulk pack of Memorex 8X +R printables and was about to go nuts with bad burns before I discovered today that it was the media that was the problem. When searching to find info on CMC MAG E01 discs I found this thread.

I cannot burn past the 60-70% point on these discs without CRC errors. I will avoid them like the plague in the future.

-S

19. kchev

kchev Regular member

Shamus2k,

good idea :)

20. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Ive burned about 36 movies using CMC MAG MEMOREX 8x DVD+Rs and I love em they are every bit as good as my Verbatims I usually use. I have a NEC 3520A burner and I love NEC, wish I had one before I bought my Plextor.