1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are dvd+rs compatible as dvd backups for ps2 games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nutty_cop, Aug 19, 2003.

1. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

and also which software should i use to burn the dvd+r? what's the best ps2 mod, anybody know?

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

You can copy ps2 games to dvd+r provided that your ps2 can read them. some v4 models do support dvd+r, and v5 and up have support for dvd+r. There are many excellent software titles to do what you want.

I personally use Alcohol 120%. But there are others that are good also, DVD Decrypter is excellent and free.

3. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I use Nero. I jus use the wizard in it. It is so easy.

4. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I've read that several people have had problems making backups with NERO. I use dvd decrypter, which is easy money when it comes to making ps2 backups.....easy as falling off a log.

5. Tyransour

Tyransour Guest

when use nero, make sure to turn off "on the fly", and it will work fine.

6. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

nero on the fly, i can't find that option. my nero version is 5.5. how can i turn off that option.
    also, i'm thinking about ordering ps2 from xmodd.com. anybody recommend this shop? i hope that they'll send me the version 7 instead of 1 to 3. otherwise i'm screwed; i'd have to get a dvd-r writer._X_X_X_X_X_[small]when you're in a line of police work, you shoot first always... ask the questions later.... ó¿õ

DTPD[/small]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2003
  7. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Do u mean xteammods.com?

8. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

9. jhnbnblzd

jhnbnblzd Guest

Edited by moderator (Oner) for content (although it was a little funny, but just in case)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2003
  10. Tyransour

Tyransour Guest

use wizard.
    when selecting source disc, there is an check box below.
    un check it.

11. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

there's no wizard mode. i have nero express. how can i get to the wizard mode?

12. ED!

ED! Guest

Just get a tool like Daemon Tools where you can MOUNT the CD IMAGE and use Prima DVD to copy FROM the VIRTUAL DRIVE.

Easiest. I recommend DEAMON tools because it supports all the image types that most programs use.

13. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

i just got my self a nero ultra 6.0 edition. but since i only have one dvd writer drive and cd writer drive. i'm not going to be able to backup the game at the same time, when it comes to dvd games. so my question is, does it matter to have the on the fly unchecked? cuz i can't uncheck it. if i only have one dvd writer, what's the best software and way to backup? i have a dvd+rw drive.

14. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I'm sure that question about the nero wizard not being there came up before. Nero express is just like the wizard. Just do a cd copy. It looks like it does the same thing as the wizard.