1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are EA Games usually the worst on XBL?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by NewBart, Jan 14, 2008.

1. NewBart

NewBart Guest

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the EA Games are the worst on XBL, the games lag, usually don't work on XBL, etc. You know the EA servers have to get overloaded, but it's annoying, they should fix that. I have NFL Tour, FIFA 08, aand NBA Live 08 and always have problems with them online.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Lag is normally due to someones connection being slow, ea games work perfectly fine for me, depends who you are playing and what their internet connection speed is.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  3. NewBart

NewBart Guest

Yeah, but like with Fifa 08, when you select the team play online, you get into the place where you choose teams and immediately disconnected. I talked to many others and they have the same problem, the EA servers just get overwhelmed. But it's weird because you can play one on one team match on Fifa 08 without any problems at all. Maybe a bug with team play.

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I found the problem to be with the settings on my wireless router, because that use to happen to me and my mates, but we re-configured out routers to work with NAT open, which is not a very good idea, but we dont have that connection issue anymore. It doesnt have anything to do with the EA servers.

5. NewBart

NewBart Guest

I respectfully disagree, so it's all good. Know a ton of people who agree with me. Mainly talking about Fifa 08 team play.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

EA Sports stuff is just known for being a bit wacky. Like my Tiger Woods 07 that i play on PC. There is a Microsoft security update that will cause you not to be able to log into the server for online play. In order to play online you have to go back and delete this update, turn off automatic updates, and make sure that when you manually update that you never download and install this specific one. And can you believe they actually made a PC game with online play and no chat feature? You actually have to use a third party program like Ventrilo to talk to other players when you play, how dumb is that?

Although i did play TW07 on my 360 online and it also crashed when i did certain things. It would play just fine if i never tried to bring up the text box where you type messages, as soon as i hit the button to do that it would lock up every time.

and so you know it is not my connection i have a 5MB cable connection with an open NAT. All other games work great, that is when Xbox Live is not moving at a snails pace like it has since Christmas.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  7. NewBart

NewBart Guest

Thanks Steimy, I knew it wasn't me like the other guy was trying to say.

8. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Lol, I seriously dont experience problems specific to ea games, especially on live.

9. NewBart

NewBart Guest

lol all good man, you must be the only one with no problems. Like on NFL Madden 08, with an original disk, like when I starts to play a game, about 75% of the time, I will be disconnected right before kickoff, it's like WTF. Tried with 2 original games and same thing so not the game. Never had any problems with non-EA games. You would thnk as much money as EA makes, their servers would be the best out there.

10. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Lol, well I cant say i've played many ea titles online, fifa 07, fifa 08, need for speed carbon, prostreet, TW PGA 07, played fifa 07 and 08 for long periods of time, and didnt have any problems, the others were just once in a while, so I could say not too much experience with them, but if ea has a problem, then yes they need to sort it, not that i've experienced any myself. ;)

11. NewBart

NewBart Guest

so you never hae problems with Fifa 08 team play?

12. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I had problems with all xbox live matches at first, due to the NAT settings, which after sorting out, sorted out all the connection issues, so atm, I dont have any problems with fifa 08. Havnt played it for a while now, been busy with exams. ;)

13. NewBart

NewBart Guest

So do you have the NAT open right?

14. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Yes, it use to be on moderate or something like that when running the 360 live connection test, but after the reconfig its open.

15. NewBart

NewBart Guest

Team play on NBA Live 08 is pretty cool, they just got that going.

16. freehurri

freehurri Member

This is because when you play an ea game, you play through ea servers. Back in the days of xbox1, Ea only supported ps2, and would only support xbox if microsoft allowed ea to use its own servers for online play. Microsoft had to cave in. They are the only publisher that gets this exception with the xbox. So ea basically has a bunch of shitty ass slow servers they use, which is why ea games are a lot slower then the rest of the xbl games.