1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are my discs rewritable?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RandomNeb, Aug 15, 2004.

1. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

I had 2 discs that I messed up on out for a pack of 25. One I got halfway threw burning it and remembered I had backed it up a few days before, the other one just didn't turn out like I wanted it to. They are Memorex disc. I the label they said DVD+RW 4x. On the disc themselves they say 4x RW and DVD+R below it written very small on the left side. On the right they say DVD+R Recordable 4.7GB 120 minutes.

When I try to earse with nero it says it is not a rewritable disc. I've tried different Nero programs that earse the disc, 2 of them say its not RW, and another doesnt reconginze it.
    Any ideas?

2. RyanZ06

RyanZ06 Guest

I have 1 that says RW but it is not, and if u just put it in and try to burn something on it with nero, it will either say erase disk (if it is a rw, which is unlikely as you have tryed above). Or it will say something like please insert a blank dvdr/rw

3. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

I tried before to just burn over it, and it says to insert a blank disc. I'm leaving to get a nother pack from Wal-Mart today so I'll ask them about it...I just didn't see any reason for it to saw RW anywhere if it were not, unless it meant something else.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

You can use DVD Identifier to check what format your discs are:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

I don't know why the some of the packages for +/- R media have the "RW" on them since your not the first person here to be confused by that :)