1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are my fears correct?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Tookrak, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Tookrak

Tookrak Member

Hey all

How is everyone?

I have a couple of questions.

Basically it all comes down to this

I download divx movies, convert to VCD movies and burn to CD.

This process is all cool and works well for me however i have been having the following problems with the actual finished disc.

They seem to work fine when played on my computer but when i play it on my Wintel 2010B DVD player it works, but sometimes the sound has a slight delay or the video goes slow and then catches up etc..

Now, this only seems to be a problem of my DVD player, so basically i am asking this

Is it a problem with the media that i am using or the DVD player that i own?

Also if it is a problem with the media is it at all possible to copy from dodgy media to good media without losing any quality?

Thanks all in advance!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Couple of tips here for ya. Never burn vcd/svcd over 4x and always use good media! that should stop a few problems!

3. Tookrak

Tookrak Member

What is good media?

I have used two types and the both seems to have the same problems!

First type was "Burn Right 700MB"

second type was "TDK 700MB"

are these any good?

4. Dela

I'm not sure i dont use either of them!

5. CrumFarm

CrumFarm Member

Well, I've heard it's almost impossible to burn a DIVX downloaded movie to a DVD (I use Sony DRU-500A). It's possible, then, to burn to a SVCD? Do you use a CD/RW or a DVD/RW?

6. Dela

SVCD was made for cd-r/rw media. I would recommend using DVD2SVCD!

7. Newbboob

Newbboob Member

Well DVD players play things slower and with less accuracy then computer cd-rom drives, I know I'm a noob, but I know this is what causes vcds/svcds to play with unsynchronized sound on DVD/VCD players, the computer can go fast enough to make sure you don't see these errors, but your other player can't. Read this offa some tutorial somewhere... hope it helps. ;]

Oh yeah, and so the problem is with when you burnt it, you musta picked some flawed settings so it was unnoticable on your pc, but showed up on your DVD player.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2003