1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are ridata 8x dvd-r any good

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pazza1, Feb 5, 2005.

1. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

are ridata 8x dvd-r any good for ps2 games

2. niko1zqbk

niko1zqbk Member

i have ridata 4x dvd-r and all my backups worked very well.

But why would you get 8x when your not going to burn anything at that speed. maybe you do but it's a bad idea.

3. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

i have tryed it at 2x see my other thread called SAN ANDREAS

4. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

there ok for dvds i burnt 1 with dvd decrypter and nero 6 ultra edition

5. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

are DATAWRITE DVD-R 4.7GB 4x ok

6. hursty

hursty Active member

san andreas is a game which constanly reads off the disc

use good quality dvd+r and you will have no problems
    dvd+r tend to work better for such games

7. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

ok i just used dvd identifier on the tidata discs and they are made by ritek corp and the ones that san andreas is on is made my cmc magnetics corp not what was on the case

8. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

does anyone know if it is possible to buy a pack of mixed up dvd+r and dvd-r so i can see which brand is best

9. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

10. hursty

hursty Active member

you never know who makes them

the thing with dvd's which you must remember is that companies,and i mean big companies sub contract the making of dvd's out to smaller/poor quality manufactures
    so you never know what you are buying
    look on the site address i gave you
    look for branded disc's
    the tayio yuden(pardon the spelling) ones are expensive.but execellent
    tdk+r are made by tdk

like you said,"i have some dvd's,but they are not made by the people on the label"

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

pazza1 DVD dash R or DVD plus R,,neither is better than the other.there different formats is all. so it just depends on the burner and players etc,you are using.

12. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

yeah but arnt dvd+rs better for games which continually load of game like san andreas or do you think it is just my media

13. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

i have never had any problems with Ridata dvd media, they are cheap but reliable in my experiences

14. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

the riadatas make playable games but they take ages to load and some animation at the beginning is very jumpy it plays a bit of it stops and plays another bit also the loading of missions sometimes never happens and if it does load it takes about 3 times the time of the original but once in the game it is ok i might buy some imation dvd+r £9.99 for 25 from pcworld and see what happens i have read an thread on here that someone put san andreas on an imation and it worked perfect

15. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

just done a surface scan with nero cd-dvd speed and here are the results of the ridatas with nightfire on
    Good: 100.00 %
    Damaged: 0.00 %
    Unreadable: 0.00 %

16. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

i am really confused as i have just copyed a backup of an xbox game called burnout 3 takedown which i got whn i got my xbox chipped i used the ridata media and it works as good as the other PERFECTLY

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

YES the ritek is good media you can buy them resonable at ..meritline.com ..supermediastore.com and several other places.

18. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

yeah but why does it load dead slow and play animation like the gmr tiger dead slow