1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are RitekG05's good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Synth05, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

I heard riteks are the top of the line just wondering what you guys think on this one.

2. ERICST

ERICST Guest

What I want to know is the differance between o4 & 05 Ritek.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Actually, I've heard that the problems people have recently been having with ritek are with the G05's. As far as top of the line goes, its not ritek, its Taiyo Yuden.

4. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

Hmm i never heard of these Taiyo Yuden.

5. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

yeah, are they new manufacturer??

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

No, they've been around for as long as these other brands, they are just a very japanese brand(ie arent advertised in the states). Most major online retailers have been carrying them for a while though. supermediastore is currently running a special, and meritline also carries a great selection for very good prices. the 8x can be had for 47 cents a disk. a tad more expensive than some of the others, but there total reliability has made converts of many a serious burner.

7. biddboy

biddboy Member

Ritek G04 are 4x, G05 are 8x. Have burned approx. 700 Riteks & have never had a problem ( Using my Nec 2500a ). Tayio Yuden ( made in Japan ) are supposed to be the best you can buy, I have never used them so I can't say. But they are very expensive. If you find them cheap you can be sure they are fakes.

8. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

Sorry balaam, i was being sarcastic. i am sorry to not contribute to the thread. i was actually being sarcastic since th TY get recomended like 50 times a day.

9. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

after being a member here for a few months, I've learned not to take anyone's intelligence for granted. :p

10. neodave

neodave Regular member

I've been using the Ritek/Ridata GO5's for several months now without incident. All my burners are Pioneer. Maybe it's just a compatibility issue. I have also heard 'rumors' of problems but haven't really heard any specific issues. The proof of all this media won't really be known for another 20+ years. I started backing up my movies around 3 years ago. My GO3's and Yudens from my first burns still play flawlessly. I just hope they still do 20 years from now. Even though 20 years from now people will probably say 'What's a DVD?'.

11. bgadds

bgadds Member

after trying many different media over the years, i buy nothing but ritek. they never let me down. recently discovered that the memorex 8x 'cool colors' dvd-r available at walmart are high quality g05's. by high quality i mean they burn perfect at 12x on my pioneer 108.

14.88 for 30. and i like the perty colors!

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

is the banner at the top of the page the real deal guys? TY 100 pack 38 bucks free shipping or are they fake TY.

13. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

I have been around 3000 Ritek G05's from www.blankmedia.ca and had no issues whatsoever.

Damn best discs out there kids

14. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

There real ty i heard there cheap because there old ones at 4x speed. There still same in quality. Suppose to last up to a 100 years.

15. flanker2

flanker2 Guest

i wouldn't concentrate too much on the quality of the media.though , it is good to work always with ritek/ridata and ty. try to find instead a powerful and reliable burner. the answer in nec

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

PLEXTOR is king as far as burners go

17. bgadds

bgadds Member

i used to think the same concerning plextors....that is until i bought one. my 712a won't burn ANY 8x media. not at 8x, 4x, 2x, nothing. coaster just out of the lead in. and i am talking every media out there. g05's, ty's, tdk, verbatim, name it. tech says it's the firmware. all i know is my pioneer 108 kicks ass and my plextor (the most expensive or my 6 burners) sucks. oh it does read really fast. anyone wanna buy a kickass dvd rom?

18. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

Plextor???? Are you kidding me. NEC and Lite-On are way better.

19. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

Flanker, do you even know what you are talking about. Media is HUGE!!!! Do you know how many "burning Problems" have been solved by simply using quality media. I see so many post on decrypters forum about error messages and failed burn all to find out the user is trying to burn Wal mart, Princo, or CMC Media. As soon as the switch to TY or Ritek all their problems dissappear. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but I don't like it when people make false statements.

20. bgadds

bgadds Member

have to agree about the media. have tried just about everything out there, and have learned my lesson. ritek g05s can be had for less than 50 cents apiece and never let ya down. right now though best buy is selling 50 8x memorex (both - and +r) for 19.99. sweet price for excellant media. no limit either. on my way to get 500.