1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are sony discs good for burning wii games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by maxlifan, May 8, 2007.

1. maxlifan

maxlifan Member

Are sony discs good for burning wii games? I haven't heard alot of info about sony discs. I have been to alot of stores in Canada and no see to sell Verbatim or TY. So the only ones I can get is Sony,mermorex and well maxell. Help me out Thanks

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I'm using TDK discs and they are working fine for me! Any really, should be fine! Verbatim are the best (I think) just because I used them to backup Xbox 360 Games!

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i am using maxell 16x dvd-r and have no problems here

however

your setup may not be same as mine, by all means try maxell but it could be my writer likes them?

trial and error once u get a good match stick with it

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I should have also said, that the TDK DVD's that I'm using are DVD+R! But ya, they still work fine for me!

5. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

I buy a cheaper brand at Circuit City called "Playo", they are $8 for 50 pack and they have worked flawlesly for me.

6. blkhawk

blkhawk Member

Burner : NEC 2150A w/ latest firmware (2.19?)
    Disc : Ritek G04 (from 2/3 years ago)
    Burn speed : 2X

Result : good, quick loack, no "click click" sound

7. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

sony dvd+r and dvd-r works well for me when i burn it at 4x and lower. had no problems running the backup games.

8. stevetex

stevetex Regular member

You will get all kinds of answers from people here, everyone has different experiences. But I can tell you that media is super important when it comes to this kinda thing. I know first hand with modding my gamecube to play backups, it was very picky about the media you would use. And it doesn't always just come down to the brand name of the media you buy because sometimes it is made by another company depending where you buy it from. The following is some pretty handy information regarding dvd media and different quality factors.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

The second link is for a free program called DVD Identifier. It will read your blank media and give you the Media ID, which using that first link I gave you will pretty much tell you if your media is crap or if it is pretty damn good. Hope this helps you out as well as anyone else that sees it.

9. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

Sony 50 pack of DVD-R/DVD+R are on sale at Best Buy for $12.99 (U.S.), I checked the code with disc Identifier and it is "Sony16D1" which is considered first class media as stated on digitalfaq.com. For reference, it is in the same category as the much adored Taiyo Yuden, so this is a pretty good deal for this quality media!. BTW, My backups play perfect on this media, so I would say Sony is a good bet, especially if you can get this deal at Best Buy.