1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are TDK 8x DVD-R any good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mstall05, Feb 1, 2005.

1. mstall05

mstall05 Member

Are the TDK 8x DVD-R 50pk they are having a sale on at bestbuy.com any good??

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I bought those at Best Buy several weeks back and they wouldn't work at all for me....first time I ever had that happen. So for me, NO would be the answer.

Best Buy has TDK's on sale it seems every other week, so that should tell you something.

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

don't buy media from best buy! it used to be my favorite store but they aren't just upto par anymore. their media selection is pitiful, it's basically worthless junk. when saying this i assume you live in the US, buy maxell's, they're on sale very often at office deport, if you don't have one near you just go to wal-mart and they mark down to that sale price. i have had great success with Maxell's. also try buying media online if that's not a problem. meritline.com and rima.com and some good sites.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

About 3 months ago I bought 4 25 pack TDK 8x dvd-r packs. The disks are media ID TTG02. I've gone through almost 50 of them, and they have burned flawlessly. I'm using the nec 3500. People should name he burner they are using, in order to make their comments regarding media useful.

5. sniperg

sniperg Guest

o no i brought it from bestbuy and cant burn anyone know why?

6. mstall05

mstall05 Member

Alright thanks guys I decided to skip that deal and just went to meritline.com and ordered a 50pk of taiyo yuden 8x DVD-R and in the morning I think ill hit my local wal-mart and grab a 10pk or so of maxell to get me started when I wait for my order from meritline. I've picked up on the idea that these two brands are some of the best and id rather be safe than sorry. Cant wait to test out my Lite-On SOHW-1633S

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

good choice.