1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Teon brand dvd-r generic?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by snorkel, Mar 17, 2005.

1. snorkel

snorkel Member

I read the thread above "Nice List of dvd media and codes" but i am not sure exactly what it all means.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that after reading this board, i bought a bunch of the TY media since it is supposed to be some of the best.

However, I have aboy 80 disks that I had bought at staples around Christmas dirt cheap.

My question is this:

Is the brand TEON a generic? The reason I ask is because it was cheap (but it was on sale) and because i never heard of that brand before.

Anyway, I have burned about 25 Teon 8X dvd-r so far and not a single problem.

So, if they are generic, they are not that bad. By the way, even though i have a fast dvd burner, i only burn them at 4X.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Dogbomb's media code listed those teons as cmags. I got a hold of a 20 pack spindle of +8x around november and they were manufactured by ricohjpn-01. All 20 were ok. This last teon sale was for the 40 packs for around $6 or $7 after rebate,and they checked as cmags.Just keep that burn speed slow and don't put anything important on them.

I have seen that brand name at staples and wal-greens.It's one of those brands you want to be cautious of.

Use nero/dvd decrypter/dvdinfopro/or dvdidentifier to find the mfg code on them.All the dash teons I heard about from my buddy were c-mags,but performed ok on his nec 2510.