1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are the 60gig ps3's gone for good??????????

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by pomp3y, Dec 30, 2007.

1. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

hi i have a 60gig ps3 and i love it my brother wants to get a ps3 but can only find the 40gig witch he isnt to happy about without the BC and the lower power of it
    talking with him 2day people has been telling him the 60gig has gone for good dose anyone know if this is correct
    wot is the point in having a ps3 with lower power a smaller HD and no BC
    will sony be relaseing a 80gig like in the usa or a higher one
    o-yeah and one more thing is there a way i can upgrade my 60gig HD to a bigger one without having to trade in my ps3

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

As far as BC get the 80 gig. Not quite as good as the 60 but still good. You can upgrade the HD with a 2.5 inch SATA drive of your choice.

3. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

yes unfortunatley the 60gb has been stopped in production as sony was losing too much money on them.

how ever i am guessing that your in the uk some shops still have one or 2 left try the shops that nobodody would usually bother buying a console from e.g currys,dixons comet etc but i would hurry tho once all the shops stock of the 60gb has been sold you wont be able to get a 60gb for love nor money ( theres always ebay tho)

you can easily upgrade the HD to anything you like simply by connecting a laptop external hardrive to the ps3 via usb.

very much doubt sony will be realsing a 80gb version in uk you would be more likely to see summin lk 160gb version.

hope this helps.

4. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Try phoning PC World, my friend got one from them the other day

5. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

thanks for all your feed backs guys well im happy i got a 60gig then lol
    ive just called my brother and he has now decided that he will just keep his ps2 for ps2 and ps1 games and just upgrade the 40gig ps3's hard drive or wait till the 80gig or high comes out
    anyway thanks again