1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are the slide card & swap magic discs worth it?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dvd_buddy, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Dvd_buddy

Dvd_buddy Guest

I have a version 4 ps2 and i just got a dvd burner.i want to burn dvd games (dvd-r) and i saw this brand new thing called the slide card on modchip.com and i want to know if it just a waste of money?some people say it is good, because i don't know anyone that could solder a messiah for me.Could someone please help me?

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

The slide card is good because you don't have to open up your ps2 and it doesn't void your waranty. However I have heard that it is kind of hard to get the hang of when you make the swap with your smd and your copied game (I don't know cause I never tried). What i would do is get the fliptop cover. All you have to do is replace your current ps2 cover with the fliptop in which it does void your warranty but is really easy to install. It is also much easier to use than the swipe card (in my opinion).

3. jumbo11

jumbo11 Regular member

Slide Card is the easiest trick ever :) Once you get a hang of it you'll be swappin your games in seconds.

4. cmp333

cmp333 Member

word!

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

You don't even need to purchase it. Just use my template that is in my tutorial. Follow the link in my signature below.

6. PHNX2088

PHNX2088 Member

I really wouldn't mess with your PS2 if its a V4. I know a lot of people who's laser died out due to a weak laser in the V4.

7. psx245

psx245 Regular member

slidecard method is bad for your ps2