1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are thenew PS3 models immune to jailbreak??

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by NameerK, Aug 26, 2011.

1. NameerK

NameerK Member

I was looking to buy a new PS3, so last night I went to a local store and the guy told me that the newer ps3 models he received were immune to jailbreaking and CFW. He also showed me the serial number and it was: "S01-6050626-B".
    He said it was not possible to jailbreak it or install CFW on it even though it was running on OFW 3.55
    So is this true, or is he just lying?? Are newer PS3s realy immune to jailbreak or CFW??
    thanx, Nick.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

I suspect he is basing his info on what sony said. Those where so called hack prof. With newer version ps3 then those being downgraded for cfw, I would say it is false.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if it cant be hacked yet give it weeks or months and people will find a way to hack it they always do.once they have found a way to hack it they will post the details on the internet.remember google can be very helpful.

4. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

I dont think the new ones have been looked at by anyone yet. Sony claim to have removed all the things that allowed dongles to work and installing cfw, but until someone actually takes a look at it we wont know.

Best to get one of the older ones and make sure it's on 3.55 or below

5. NameerK

NameerK Member

If it helps, the model number was CECH-2500B. It was a 320 GB pack. I tried to Google it, but I couldn't find much info. Every page says that all PS3 models are jailbreakable.
    I've read on a few places on the internet that peaople have installed CFW on there PS3 CECH-2500B 320 GB. SO has anyone else here done it.
    Thanx 4 ure replies. Appreciate it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  6. whompus

whompus Active member

The info I find about that model was showing up in June and July of 2010. That leads me to beleave it is the model they first claimed to be hack prof. We know they where not really hack prof. The newer ones they are attempting to make hack prof now would have newer firmware on them then 3.55 I would think. I guess the only way to tell for sure is give it go at putting cfw on it.

7. NameerK

NameerK Member

I'll give it a go and report back in a day or two to check if it works. Thanx 4 the help.