1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any guides for backing up with Shrink/Roxio?....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jomarrod, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

I have always used nero but now I have a new dvd burner that came with "Roxio Easy Media Creator".

Anybody please?! Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Shrink is not linked with Roxio, but if you back up your work in shrink to your hard drive. Then you can use Roxio to burn your DVD. Shhhhh you shouldnt mention Roxio to much around here. ;-) People are going to eat you alive. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Roxio, dadburn whippersnappers. XXXX

Not really. Those in the know now realize the problems people were having with Roxio boiled down to packet writing software. The Drag To Disk option was a culprit. I'm able to just exit/close it off the taskbar and go on about my DVD recording. Some people have to remove that part of the app. InCD in the Nero suite causes the same problem and that one does have to be removed.

Once DVD Shrink has recorded a transcoded video to the hard drive, almost any decent recording app can do the burn. The ones that do it automatically from a temp file with Shrink are DVD Decryter in ISO mode, Nero, and CopyToDVD.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

I think I'd get the ultra edition of Nero if I was going to do much dvd recording.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Forgot the guide deal from the title. No guides of that sort I know of but you don't need them. Use the DVD Shrink guides to get directions for recording a video to the hard drive. Shrink part is then done. You have a video fitted for your target media on the hard drive, now go to the Roxio guide and read the part about recording from the hard drive. You only need to use the parts of the guides that show the functions you want to do.