1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are there other compression programs besides shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by flash74, Apr 11, 2005.

1. flash74

flash74 Member

I was looking for some other applications that can compress a dvd-9, i currently use shrink to decrypt and compress, is shrink a good enough program for compression or are there other programs out there that may be better

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Better? Not sure if there is one better due to the price of Shrink ;-) Yes there others that can produce better quality, but they all cost $$. If however you are only backing up the main movie and no extra's with little or no compression then to be honest you are not going to tell a difference in any programs as far as quality goes. If however you are backing up the whole DVD with extras and all then you are doing a lot of compression and then there are programs that will handle this much better than Shrink.

1. Cinema Craft Encoder (CCE)
    2. InterVideos DVDCopy3
    3. Elby's CloneDVD2

3. flash74

flash74 Member

thanks bbmayo, do you know what all you will need to run cce, i know dvd rebuilder is involved, but do you know how to use dvd rebuilder and cce. I read something somewhere else about free encoders or something. I am just looking to use dvd rebuilder with cce, what do i need >?

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

6. flash74

flash74 Member

Good deal, Thanks mayo!