1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there too many guides?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by carp940, Nov 28, 2007.

1. carp940

carp940 Guest

Does anyone else think there are too many guides at this site? (GUIDE FOR INSTALLING 3.52M33-4 THEN 3.71M33-3, Pandora's Jigkick + Magic Memory Card Easy Installer, GUIDE: Universal Unbricker DC-3 + MS Multi IPL Loader, DOWNGRADE GUIDES FOR ALL FIRMWARES, TotalNewbi Easy Installer - Create Pandora w/out CFW PSP!)

Wow, that's a lot of guides! And that's not even mentioning all the guides not stickied, but reappear whenever someone follows them, gets lost because it's outdated, then asks a question. I can see why someone just starting can get confused. I'm thinking if we could consolidate them into one guide then people wouldn't (read me) get so off track or worry that they're not following the right one. Maybe after consolidating, the remaining ones can get deleted or forgotten.

Ths Ultimate guide could have sections:
    Section one: PSP Fat - firmwares xxx and yyy
    Section two: PSP Fat - firmwares zzz
    Section three: PSP Fat -If you have access to a PSP fat with custom firmware
    Section four: PSP Slim - firmwares xxx and yyy
    Section five: PSP Slim - firmwares zzz
    Section six: PSP slim -If you have access to a PSP fat with custom firmware.

Well, something like that. Then, when someone asks a question, we can refer them to the guide and section for their answer. :) ... just a thought.

2. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

I think thats a really good idea. however, I'm pretty sure there is a master guide somewhere on this forum. Its a bit outdated though... I think someone should just grab all the guides we have already, compile and edit them to reduce redundancy, than post it.

3. Ganon007

Ganon007 Regular member

I think that would be good but then the noobs would just post and post and post because they would be too lazy to look for the guide. Mirite?

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a bad idea carp940 - having a section in the Guides part of aD for console guides (broken down by console and so on).
    Though I can still guarantee there will probably be the same amount of posts on how do I upgrade my firmware, My PSP is bricked, what pandora battery etc :)

edit - moving this to a more appropriate forum - feedback & suggestions

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We have plans to make something to forums that'd make grouping of stickies, etc more accessible, but as it is just a plan now with no code done, don't hold your breath. The idea basically is to have one "sticky" for each forum room that'd be in wiki format, with certain access restrictions, etc so the sticky could be updated by anyone above "newbie" level, but each modification would go through admin and/or moderator approval process in order to avoid spam.

The plan still has major issues related to it, as it'd be difficult to determine the proper format for it, whether each forum room could only have one wiki-style page or number of pages, etc. But this plan should go ahead sometime in early 2008.

6. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Yea, there are too many guides that can be found on Google :p

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I like the sound of the wiki-style, looking forward to it.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I really like that wiki style idea too.

Great idea dRD!