1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there ways to know a fake wiikey???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Joskun, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Joskun

Joskun Member

My wiikey is acting strange. Whenever I saved the region override to ON
    and shut the system. I run the setup disc again and it's back to off.
    I have a jap game that I play and it freezes. I'm sure it's related to the region override.
    Anyone experience that? Can it be a sign of a fake wiikey?

2. Menion

Menion Regular member

reguardless fake or not, A clone is a Clone, they really dont have any differences in quality - just because it dosent have the sticker on it all these chips are produced in Hong Kong that should say enough - Try re-burning and re-loading the config disc, but everytime you run the config disc from what Ive always understood it does this by default

3. jnaks

jnaks Regular member

is your japanese game an original? games like naruto and crayon shinchan WILL NOT work with modchips.

if it's a backup, then make sure your dump/iso/media is sound and try again.

wiikey setup will NOT display the current status of the wiikey's region override. as stated elsewhere, this is because of the stealth nature of the chip. if it could be detected what state its in, nintendo could potentially write code to counter it. run setup once, set it to region free and save. then restart. from that point on, it will be region free. your troubles probably do not have to do with the wiikey setup, it is more likely your media (or select game) or install.

4. Joskun

Joskun Member

Make alot more sense now.
    And saying that it was a japanese original gamecube game that's very common.
    And if I'm not wrong wasn't that the reason the wickey update was for: more gamecube game compatibility. Problem with sound from gamesor something?

5. doc_z

doc_z Member

clones are easy to spot, the C2 diode is a dead give away, see below

[​IMG]

6. whassup

whassup Regular member

Thanks for the info!