1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these any good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by CKY_2084, Feb 4, 2005.

1. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

My GF brought me home a 50 pack of Maxells for $15. The code is Hitachi Maxell 002. I backed up three movies already and they seem good. I like my Memorex better though. Anyways there are no CRC errors on them, Ive just never used this code and wondering what you think.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I use a lot of maxell's:mxlrg-02,mxlrg-03,ritek-go4,and ricohjpn-01.Tygo1's are sometimes found. No problems with any of them.Maxell uses pretty good manufacturers for their media.

No crc errors are very good.

Can you list the description of those hitachi's in case I run into them?

Do they say made in japan on the outer label?

I have heard a little on them,but don't know what format, burn x ,and what they look like. Later

3. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

They are DVD+R 8x not sure where they were made cause my GF brought em home and opened them so i didnt see the package.I know she got them at walmart so my guess would be Taiwan but they seem alright.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yea,those transparent wrappers suck.I like the paper labels better on the spindles.
    I picked up 100 of the maxell -8's "gold tops" with the mxlrg-03 code. They were made in japan. All the +4x's i tried have the ricohjpn01 code-made in taiwan. I haven't run into the +8x's yet.

I'll have to check my local walmart for them next time i go there.