1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these bad discs????

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by c2sellit1, Dec 21, 2004.

1. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

2. 222333444

222333444 Member

Inexpensive but I have never heard them. I wouldn't take the chance. Could be good but I doubt it.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

To my way of thinking $11.99 for 50 discs means they're probably garbage.

4. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

I had bought my arita discs through them 7.99 for a 25 pack and wasnt expecting much but I havent had one problem with burning them and they work flawlessly on videos and gaming, though but hey for 6 bucks it is worth a shot, I guess.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hello c2, I am with neph and 234, never heard of.If you live in usa, staples has teon +8x's on sale,spindle of 20 for under $5.00. They are coded ricohjpn and are performing flawless in my home recorder and pc backups.The higher quality media,like ricohjpn and mcc, perform a whole lot better. Just because the price is cheap,doesn't mean the quality is cheap. Teon's are like any other brand of media,one batch perfect,next batch may be from a low quality manufacturer. The Teon -8x are cmags, very poor media. There are many tools for the asking here at AD that will give the codes of blank media for free.I love to try out local ,on sale media,but when buying off the net,it harder to send it back for refund if it is pure junk. Happy holidays to all

6. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

saugmon-Unfortunately I dont have any staples around my are and dvdR is OUTRAGEOUS in my neck of the woods, The arita brand is a ricoh cover brand type deal I believe but I have no idea about these....They also have a philips 50 pack for $15.99 which might be a better choice, I dont know.

Got a question though, In your dvd recorder how is the quality at 4 hours???? I will be recording a lot of sporting events with my mrv640 and am worried it might be pixelated or lose quality....

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey 2sellit1, 4 hr burning is not too bad "EP mode".The quality degrades but I have no freezing or pixellating on any of my burns clear down to the 6 hr "slp" mode. The slower speeds will be more comparable with vhs quality.Here's a couple of links to check out the quality and manufacturing codes on your blank discs. http://www.dvdinfopro.com http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm <>dvdinforpro is a free program that tells you the code on those blanks. Digitalfaq is the site you can look up the rankings of the codes. DF has not been updating for a while,but will get you in the ballpark for the quality class. If it says ricoh, then you might be ok. dvdinfopro will identify them. Happy Holidays