1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Having Problems With Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by HURider, Mar 19, 2005.

1. HURider

HURider Member

First if you are having problems with "Nero" do the following.
    1. Make your DVD Burner a "Master" and your CD-ROM or DVD-Rom a "Slave".
    2. Have at least 512 of memory.
    3. Clean out your "Temp" under "Local Settings", if you can't find it then you have a "Brand Name" computer. To find it do this, Right click on "Start" and left click on "Explore", click on "Tools" then "Folder Options", now click on "View" and make sure that there is a bullet in "Show hudden files and folders"..now you can find it when you need to remove your temp files. The last thing you you need to check to make sure all your temp folders are clean is go down to the last "Windows" folder in your "Start Menu" window and clean it out.
    4. Make sure that your burner has the latest "Firmware"
    5. When burning a DVD make a "Temp Folder" in your root directory for "DVD Shrink" or any other program that your useing..I made one called "C:\DVD Shrink Temp". So when I start DVD Shrink I tell it were to place the files until it burns it to a blank DVD.
    6. Defrag your system..if XP says you don't have to do it anyway...oh were is it..click on "start" then "All Programs", Accessories, then "System tools".
    6. If your running Roxio Creator download "Custom Startup", you can download the full trial version then go look for the crack to make it work as a full version. It's out there, I found it. Once you have it installed remove the check mark from "Roxio" and close it and say "Yes". Now "Drag-To-Disk" will be disabled and your problem is gone.

I hope this helps someone or anyone..good luck..

casper / HU Rider....may the P4 /D1 come back to life.

2. HURider

HURider Member

Hell I knew I forgot something, If you don't use Nero for anything else but "DVD Shrink" then install the "OEM" version or a earlyer version. There are times were the newer version of any app will cause your problems.