1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you in the Top 10 most Dangerous People to Videogames

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by BryanNH_3, Apr 14, 2007.

1. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Are you in this list?

To the pirates, my point exactly .. thank about it:

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/features/article.jsp?articleId=20070412141259296064&releaseId=20060321132945404017┬žionId=1003&pageId=20070412155625539010

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  2. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

This isn't for the true backup users, but everyone else ... who out there truly uses their "upgrades" for only backup purposes and hasn't pirated a game??

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

this isn't true for a damn reason.

1. Hot Coffee wasn't a hackers fault, it was Rockstars lazyness to remove code left in a game that was supposed to be removed (besides one of those codesystems [gameshark or whatever] published it as well)

2. $60 retail price of a game, it's called inflation, and it's not really all that much if u consider Sega Genesis or NES games when they came out (remember gas back then was like $0.50 a gallon too it's like $3.00 now (not cuz we're stealing it either)

i think it's funny they even bitch about Game Informer in that (which is a Gamestop/Babbages/ElectronicsBoutique/E3 magazine, which GAMESRADAR advertises in.

all in all it's a load of bullocks.

4. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

I hear ya, and I agree that people should be able to backup their games and what not, but the problem is that it leads to piracy, which leads to companies investing time and money into ways to stop people from stealing their products, which also increases the game costs ... Granted, companies should have a replacement program like MS just started so that people don't feel the need to backup their discs ...

The same thing was going back in the day, heck man, when I was 12 and had a commodore64c they had copy protection on their games (17 years ago!) and people had software to help you rip the games - I've seen this for years. But it isn't just inflation that raises prices - they have to spend $$ on r/d for protection for their product.

Pirates cause this part of the inflation

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You're right about the C64. Thank god my favorite game back then (Summer Games II) was a direct 1 to 1 copy. Back on a 5 1/4 1541 disk drive ;)

Edit - I miss EPYX

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  6. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Summer Games ROCKED!

Even better was when you'd sit there for HOURS with a programming book, meticulously typing in line after line of code, then debugging it, and then, one of several things would happen:

1) The parents would want to watch TV, forcing you to erase ALL that code, so you'd have to start over
    2) The faulty power cord on it would wiggle in just the right way, causing the power to go out on the c64, erasing everything you did
    or
    3) It would work, and you would be thoroughly disappointed to see a simple blip on the screen, in 1 of 4 available colors, bouncing around - all that work for little to no satisfaction!

7. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

as for backup games and modded systems, the only reason i ever started on this forum and found out how to do everything was because Microsoft refused to fix an issue i was having with their hardware. Their hardware was scratching the hell out of my MLB 2k7. The game became unplayable after 5 days of playing because it was scratched up so badly(and not from me moving the ms). MS refused to reimburse me for the game because they werent the publisher of the game and so they said it wasnt their problem.

But thanks to them I added rubber padding inside the drive and modded the systems...so thanks everybody at Afterdawn.