1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARGH! Help with ripping please...

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by misury, Feb 4, 2003.

1. misury

misury Member

Hi all,
    Ok, I'm not a total noob to ripping, but as of late I've been getting frustrated. I took some time off from ripping all those fun DVD's to d/ling a bunch of movies off the net. Now, I'm attempting to rip again and having severe headaches! Here's an example... I'm just trying to rip The Matrix to start off. I've tried both SmartRipper and DVDDecrypter. Both have the same end result. Ripping process goes fine but when I try to run the movie to see how it turned out I end up getting the theatrical music instead of the actual movie dialog. OR I get the director commentary! GOD IT IS SO FRUSTRATING. Anyway, if someone can tell me wtf I'm doing wrong I'd be most appreciative. Thanks,
    Misury

2. DrDeath

DrDeath Member

use one of the articles on ripping dvds to divx, you want is smaller if your storing it on your computer anyways, i just did this with a movie of mine, easy to follow, good articles... good luck

3. misury

misury Member

As I said, I'm no noob. I've used various articles from VCDHelp and Doom9. Now if someone could please just address my specific problem I'd be happy. =P

Misury

4. Deznaj

Deznaj Regular member

It looks like you mix up the audio streams in some way. I get this problem sometimes when I'm extracting audio to make a DIVX-format. But the preview after ripping looks and sounds fine.
    Rippers usually extract entire .VOB files, so all the audio streams should be there...try playing around with the audio settings of your player...I think that is your problem.